Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the front tires how bad is your tire flapiness when ever you go over a bump? People always yell at me saying I'm missing lug nuts or something :D

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I don't even know what you're talking about. Tire flapiness? Missing lug nuts cause flapiness?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Only kind of tire flap I've ever experienced was when I was fixen to loose a retread on a semi.

Are you talking about wheel hop? Good shocks are supposed to prevent that.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you lift the front end you have to fix the camber by taking out camber shims. As a result whenever you the front tires move up the top of the tire will stick out further from the frame. :D

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
So how many lug nuts are you missing...

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Jwood, yours is flapping out because you've lifted your rig and the upper control arms are pointing downward at ride height. when the bump pushes the tire up into the wheel well the arms straighten straight out, which causes positive camber. Looks crappy but its harmless. You should have bump steer along with it.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Jwood I think that there is a loose nut behind your steering wheel.

:lol:

·
Registered
877 Posts
maybe because you have aftermarket control arms? :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
rollintroopers said:
Jwood, yours is flapping out because you've lifted your rig and the upper control arms are pointing downward at ride height. when the bump pushes the tire up into the wheel well the arms straighten straight out, which causes positive camber. Looks crappy but its harmless. You should have bump steer along with it.
Sounds like he knows what it is, and what causes it, he's just wondering how much other rodeo drivers have. Great post though, now I know what he's talking about.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Haha... Before I read the 1st post I figured you were talking about your mud flap. Are these just random people telling you this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.