Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone point to a diagram or give me some help For the timing marks for the 95 rodeo 3.2l v6?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
DOHC or SOHC?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts

its fuzzy, i know. I can take a better one if you need it.

That is for the 1993-1997 3.2L SOHC rated at 175hp.

There is a 3.2 DOHC that is at 190HP from 95.5-97 also, I have no idea if the marks are the same. This solved my timing belt issue. :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys:) but Idk if it fixes it. Its still in the parking lot at the auction place. Were going back later to finish the timing up.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have never seen a dohc obd1 motor in a rodeo? Didn't know it was an option, and am pretty sure isuzu didn't offer it in '96-'97. Any way not really the point.
My '96 lost a timing belt at around 130K. The teeth of the belt came off in a small section and the crank pulley was just spinning on that section. Good news is that a timing belt fixed it and there was no motor damage done. My '95 went to about 150K before the same thing happened.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
yea there was an DOHC available from 96-97 IIRC because it had 190HP, it is the same engine though, so the marks are the same.

Luckily these 3.2L's are non interference. Belt goes, just realign it and change it and you should be good to go!

·
Registered
555 Posts
There is a honda passport service manual I uploaded a link to. Search for it and if you cant find it,let me know.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
95Rodeo4x4 said:

its fuzzy, i know. I can take a better one if you need it.

That is for the 1993-1997 3.2L SOHC rated at 175hp.

There is a 3.2 DOHC that is at 190HP from 95.5-97 also, I have no idea if the marks are the same. This solved my timing belt issue. :D
THE DOHC ENG WAS NOT AVAIL ABEL AFTER 95, THE SOHC,WAS UPPED IN HP IN 96 -97 TO 190 HP AND THE DOHC WAS NEVER USED IN THE RODEO UNTILL THE 98 NEW STYLE ENG

ACTUALLY ALL THE TIMING PULLEYS FROM 92-97 ARE INTER CHANGE ABLE IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE TIMING MARKS , THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS THE PLASTIC PULLEYS USED 0N THE 96 AND 97 OBD11 ENGS WHICH HAD A MAGNET IM BEDDED IN THE PULLEY FOR CAM REFERENCE THESE COULD BE USED ON THE OLDER ENGS BUT THE OLDER METAL PULLEY CAN NOT BE USED ON THE 96 -97 ENG

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Cool information Jerry!

Now I know some Rodeo's have Metal Timing covers, and some (like mine) Have Plastic. Is it possible to interchange them for the stronger metal versus the plastic? or are they different?

Thanks Jerry!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well here's what happened tonight.
We got the timing marks lined up. And thought the crankshaft was right. We trues to start her up. Wanted to start but she didn't.

So. We figured the crankshaft was 180 degrees off. Fixed that tried again. She starts!

We put a gallon of antifreeze in her. Then we go get two gallons of water and some icees. We pit the water in. Start her up. Then while my dad is under the hood I notice. White smoke coming from the exhaust. No biggie we can atleast get her home right?

Well. Turns out that shes leaking and has either a cracked block or blown headgasket. So. Another night away from home for her.

Life is mean sometimes.

And the hole time this is going on.
My little brother is telling me about how his 87 4x4 jeep Cherokee. Is better than isuzu because its not Japanese. I told him id get you guys to prove em wrong. Did I mention his jeep doesn't even have axles? Haha. Stupid kids.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Cool information Jerry!

Now I know some Rodeo's have Metal Timing covers, and some (like mine) Have Plastic. Is it possible to interchange them for the stronger metal versus the plastic? or are they different?

Thanks Jerry!
yes those covers are inter changable
BUT FINDING A COMPLETE SET IS HARD TO DO, AND THEY REALLY LOOK NICE CHROME PLATED

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
JLEMOND said:
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Cool information Jerry!

Thanks Jerry!
yes those covers are inter changable
BUT FINDING A COMPLETE SET IS HARD TO DO, AND THEY REALLY LOOK NICE CHROME PLATED
That is good info, I see them at my local junkyard all the time!

Thanks Jerry!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay. So. Were towing the rodeo home due to problems we can't fix in a parking lot.

We whent to uhaul. To get a trailer. They checked us out and we paid. But the tongue on the trailer was bent. Then they tried to give us a a tow doli. We said no. Got cash back. Now were picking up a different trailer.

And traffic on 35w south. Is bad for any our members in the area.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well. we might end up parting this thing out. Its a bit more work than my dad wants to do

1 - 14 of 14 Posts