Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay it's time for me to have my timing belt replaced on the Rodeo - There are a number of belt kits on eBay ranging from $125 to $350 and they all look the same (belt, water pump, tensioner, seals, etc included). Not sure who sells a good kit and who doesn't (China junk). The major parts companies on eBay are Mizumo Auto, AM Auto and CNS Auto - do any of you have any experience with or know if these parts are any good?

·
Registered
392 Posts
look up gates part #TCKWP303, rockauto has it for $150. used all gates belts on my 2.6, three years later they're still in great condition.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Kathy,

Have you tried JLEMOND? You could be assured of Isuzu OEM parts if he still has them on hand! Jerry has a vast supply of Isuzu parts and he will help you out with speedy delivery!

GB

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice - I went ahead and ordered the Gates Kit off of Amazon. Rock Auto, PartsTrain and the other major parts dealers have the worst customer satisfaction out there.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
kawikathy said:
Thanks for the advice - I went ahead and ordered the Gates Kit off of Amazon. Rock Auto, PartsTrain and the other major parts dealers have the worst customer satisfaction out there.
What's your Issue with Rockauto? I do a ton of business with them without issue.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ruination said:
kawikathy said:
What's your Issue with Rockauto? I do a ton of business with them without issue.
I read these reviews:

http://www.viewpoints.com/Rock-Auto-reviews

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Bought a lot of stuff from rockauto myself. Back in toyota days you couldn't beat rock auto. Not saying Amazon sucks but the only time i've ordered from them they only sent me 2 of the 4 cv's I ordered. I had to call and ask about the others as there was no explanation or back-order notice. They sent them promptly after I called.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the Gates kit as well for my Trooper (TCK221). It's a high quality kit. GMB bearings in the pulleys (Made in Japan) and the belt is made in the USA. I highly recommend you get an OEM hydraulic tensioner. It's close to the same price as an aftermarket one ($50-75) and you already know it'll last 100,000 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts