Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Acura SLX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! My name is Brooks. I live in Nashville TN. Today, I bought a 1996 Acura SLX for 500$ from a neighbor. I have been looking for a cheap, fixer upper type project for awhile. I certainly didn't have my heart set on a Isuzu vehicle, but I'm quite pleased that it is what I ended up with. I've been skimming this forum for a week once the SLX became a possibility.
This site is really cool! A lot of helpful info! Which is good, because this thing needs a lot of work.
Things I know it needs:
Both CV joints
ABS light is on
Muffler
Weird electrical problem that blows a fuse whenever the parking lights are turned on
I swear it is leaking every fluid except turn signal fluid
4wd light stays on all the time
And figuring out if the noise is the "lifter tick" or something worse.

The good: it starts, runs, drives(at low speeds). Body is in good shape.

Honestly, I've never done that much serious mechanic/car repair type work, but I'm convinced this is going to be a new hobby. That's why I said "Time will tell". Anyway, as I start to begin to prepare to work on this, I will start here for info and suggestions. Thanks!

I will work on posting pics.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Welcome. Fortunately, you chose one of the "newer" models and there still seem to be more available in the boneyards. I suggest you start a "Build thread" in the members rides section. Maybe start with a picture of the rig and as you start projects, you can post and folks can follow and add tips or help as you need it. Dennis

Reactions: Broox

·
Registered
4 Posts
For the ABS light. Check the little magnets on the wheel hubs. Mine were covered in metal shavings from a brake that had locked up prior to me owning it. Cleaned it off and never had issue again.

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,175 Posts
And also for the parking lights blowing the fuse, one thing you might try is to remove the bulbs, then see if the fuse will still blow. I've seen bulbs be at fault several times to even the wrong bulb ( a double contact bulb installed in a single contact socket.)

Reactions: Broox
1 - 4 of 4 Posts