Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 Isuzu Rodeo. Ever since I bought it, I have noticed that the rig tilts slightly to the left. (Looking at it from behind that is) It is not a very severe tilt or anything that affects the way the vehicle runs, or drives. I met the owners and they were older folks in their 60's so I think we can rule out 4x4 driving as a culprit. The shocks seem ok. Just looking for some ideas. The title is clean so I don't think the frame is bent or anything like that. Is it possible that the torsion bar would need to be adjusted? I really have no clue. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks........
Matt............

·
Registered
823 Posts
Measure form the ground to the lipof each fender, both fronts should be the same, and the rears should match as well... let usknow which has the difference, front or rear...

BUT, if its the front, jsut adjust the t-bars accordingly..there is a greatr write up here on that...

HTH
Chase

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I measured as you instructed. The passenger side front and back is 33 and 1/4. The left side front and back is 32 and a 1/4.

Matt.........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I have a couple of real dumb questions,
If the torsion bar is out of whack, would that cause the vehicle to be off both front and back? Also, I can only assume that if the torsion bar is out of adjustment, then it would cause an alignment issue. Would this be a correct assumption? The reason I ask is ever since I bought the Rodeo, the alignment has been out of whack. The Rig wants to pull to the right when you let go of the steering wheel. The last question I ask is this. If the Rodeo is tilting to the left, does that mean the left torsion bar is out of adjustment? Would love to hear the responses.

Matt...........

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
If the torsion bar is out of whack, would that cause the vehicle to be off both front and back?
Yes it can. Take a floor jack and put it under the frame right near the front tire and jack it to where the height of the wheel well matches the other side. I bet your rear will come up to snuff as well. If the front is squating, then you are putting more weight on the rear spring because the front isn't completely doing it's job.

Also, I can only assume that if the torsion bar is out of adjustment, then it would cause an alignment issue. Would this be a correct assumption?
This all depends on how much out of whack your suspension is drooping. The problem here is that you can have it aligned with the suspension out of whack and it would be fine. So I'd get the torsion bars adjusted correctly and then drive it for a day or so check it again and then if it's ok, then go get it aligned.

If the Rodeo is tilting to the left, does that mean the left torsion bar is out of adjustment?
Adjust the low side up. Whichever side is low tighten that sides torsion bar. According to your measurments given you need to come up an inch on the drivers side.

Here is the write up: http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm/117

Post back with your results.
Joe

·
Registered
558 Posts
my trooper had a sagging left front T-bar and it caused the whole left side to sag a bit, and it was alligned corectly too. The T-bars will settle at diferent rates depending on surfaces driven on and load ballence. Its not a big deal, why else would there be adjustment bolts that are easy for the shade tree to goof around whith 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips and the info. I am going to get it aligned next week so I will have the guy tweak on it then. I hate working on rigs so I 'll let someone else do it. Like Clint Eastwood said in Magnum Force, "Every man's gotta know his limitations."

Matt..............I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Ciao!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked under my rig and I think I might even be able to do this.(Collective Sigh of Disbelief) I just have one dumb question. Do I adjust both the nuts or just the one near the back? I read the article on how to do it on this website, I just idn't graqsp whether you needed to adjust one or both the nuts?

Thanks...........
Matt............

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The only one you would need to adjust the drivers side. You'll need a 27mm socket that's all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wanna give a huge THANKS! to all who responded to my post. I adjusted the torsion bar and ot raised the rig. I still need to raise it just a hair. It really wasn't that hard and I am amazed I didn't break anything. Anyways, THANKS again.

Matt..............

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
We're glad to be of help to you. That's what we're here for.

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
Goldwing-
One thing about the ride height- The driveside is usually set abit higher to compansate for the driver weight. Dont laugh, a reallly good alignment shop will set your ride height and ask how much you weigh. Then when the truck is at the proper height, the alignment shop will put weights on the driver side and set your alignment to that. This way when you drive, the alignment is PERFECT. Good luck
Ron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts