Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how easy/difficult it would be to upgrade from regular to adjustable steering on the 88 pickup???

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i have a 1988 Isuzu pickup and I was at the junk yard and i saw a 91 rodeo that had, tilting adjustable steering assembly and I can tell my car is capable of having it as an option but i was wondering how much work would be involved in putting it on my truck?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Ahh, that makes sense. I would think it's as simple as swapping columns & then swapping your ignition tumbler over. But I don't know which model(s) would be a good donor. Update the title of your original post... 'upgrade' could be anything, but 'tilt dyeing column upgrade' would focus people & likely draw in those who would know.

~psguardian

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
tilt column from any 88-95 pickup,amigo or rodeo (NOT 95.5s) swap right over. ive done it several times. SOMETIMES, the ignition lock changes without having to change over the whole switch housing. there are 2 or 3 different size ignition locks over the years (internally how they fit). just unbolt your assembly and swap it over if the ignition lock doesnt fit the other column. easy swap!!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I would totally be up for that, but father winter has rolled into the great white north so i can no longer waste away my weekends lovingly stripping down passed on Zu's anymore :(. I cant wait for summer again. However my truck and its 4 Wheel drive performed most admirably the other night, these pickups are light hunh? You leave the bed empty and they just whip on ya. Gotta love rear wheel drive though, also gotta get some sandbags...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts