Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with there amigo and the Tie rods snapping when you lift it? Ive snapped 3 so far and they are pretty pricy in Japan, about $130 for each one.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i havent popped any yet, but they look a lot more pop-prone after the lift. im planning on picking up a few spares before uwharrie if i can make it.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Isuzu tie rods are known to break. The DOR Tie Rod Shieldz seem to work very well...haven't heard of anybody breaking a tie rod with Shieldz on. I wheeled pretty hard today and didn't break a tie rod...would I have broken one without the Shieldz? Dunno...but I would rather prevent breakage than have to replace one on the trail.

Incidentally a Ford pickup broke a tie rod early on the trail run...that guy was hating life.

·
Registered
825 Posts
when you crank up the angle of the front suspension on these, you get more bumpsteer. more pressure on tie-rods...

I just try to take it easy on the trail, slow speeds, i kinda let the wheel flow back and worth as pressure is applied from the trail below to try to aleviate some of the force on the tie-rods. Accept in dangerous situations, I keep a good hold on things. I haven't broke a tie rod yet... But I am sortof "anticipating" it... i'm planning on buying some spares to bring along on 4wheeling trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.