Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm not for sure, and I'm too lazee to get off my azz, but IIRC, the Helm manual doesn't show that particular thingy.

My Helm has the sections for both the 2.6 and 2.8, but only one section for the MUA5 and the clutch assembly and I don't think it had a breakout of any different components for the 2.6 - which is to say my clutch assembly didn't have the tab, just the plain round TO bearing.

Where did you buy your kit from and where does the pic of the bearing fit in?

Is that unique to the pull-type clutch in later models?

Cheers,

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the kit from Capclutch.com. The Bearing in the picture is the one that advance auto around here carries as the correct part.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
advance auto
Oh $hit, you answered your own question before you posted :lol:

I got my setup (Exedy) from CAPClutch.com, very happy with it so far.

Cheers,

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anything else I might check out or replace when I'm in there?
I'm already gonna replace the flywheel and the rear main oil seal.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Looks like you have all the majors covered.

On the flywheel bolts, it's generally recommended to go back with new bolts. I tried to get new ones but couldn't find any. It's my understanding they are supposed to be throwaways and not reused. I went back with mine, but it's preyed on my mind. So far so good.

I don't know what the 2.6 crank flange looks like, but I used a large socket to gently tap the seal in till it was flush with the crank flange.

Careful with the trannie, it will want to roll to the pass side due to the x-fer case.

Good Luck

Cheers,

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, thanks.
I've got a couple ratchet straps, so I'll try and strap it down to the jack so it doesn't go anywhere

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happen to know what size the flywheel bolts are? No one around here seems to know. And i haven't been able to find out.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never want to do that again. However, the Amigo is back on the road. Now, to unlock my left front hub. It seems to be stuck locked. Ho hum theres always something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts