Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to calibrate the TPS? Or do I just replace it when it goes bad?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but IIRC, the calibration is done by adjusting the position of the unit as you bolt it up. I don't even know if Isuzu needs this done.

If the sensor itself is bad, it's time for replacement.

(Feel free to correct me if required)

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
1. Do you think it is out of stock position, and want to move it back to try to cure rough idle, or starting probs?

2. Or, do you want to move the position up a bit to take advantage of advanced timing?

If it is #1, you'll need to find the stock voltage level (should be in the Helms), hook up your volt-meter, and slightly turn till you get there.

If it is #2, check stock voltage in the Helms, and bump it up 10% at a time, till you get rough idle, or pinging, then back it off till it goes away. Then test drive, and check for smooth throttle response. If it feels rough, back off another 5%. - Repeat as needed.

This proceedure will work on any POT-type TPS, which I would assume yours is.

The Helms should have the proceedure too.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
The procedure is pretty much covered in the Haynes, chilton, and the factory manual. If you dont have one, let me know and I'll scan the pages and send them to you.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.