Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've never heard of one myself, but I really dont know all that much.....
There have been people that have replaced the whole thing because of that particular problem, and it cured their woes, so you might have to go in that direction.

Sorry not to be of any help

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Mine used to do that & it was mostly the throttle cable.

Jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
my truck idles at around 2 grand right now, and sometimes it will slowly idle higher and higher, something is sticking, but i'm not sure what exactly..

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I know Isuzu wants about 500 for one.

I'd try a good cleaning and a throttle cable change. The cable can get gummed up inside and cause the symptoms you are describing.

Joe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try cleaning it. I bought gumout throttle body cleaner. It says to use the whole friggin bottle! I'm positive it's not the cable because it has full travel with a bit of slack. Seems like the linkage to the lower throttle valve is sticking. How much freeplay should there be in between the upper valve and the lower one? There is a stop screw, is it wise to mess with that? Could it be out of sync? How do I adjust this sucker?

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Well I can tell you it's a PITA to get that thing on and off. It woudln't be that bad if it didn't have two vaccum lines and two coolant lines going to the bottom side of it.

Geez they were downright impossible to get hooked back up.

Anyway the adjustment you'd be looking for is the no throttle applied and butterfly just barely open. You should be able to hold it up and just barely see a bit of light through it.

I'd also look at the throttle switch. It could be out of adjustment.

Joe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW- 500 buck! That's more than what I paid for the truck. It had the typical head problems. After market head installed for 1000. Runs great. Passed CA smog without problems.

Tell me more about the coolant lines attached to the throttle body/

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
There are two hoses about the size of a nomal sharpie marker on the very bottom of the throttle body. Other thant hey are very difficult to remove in such a tight place and maybe that was due to someone cut them off the first time, I don't know.

All I know is that there wasn't enough slack to get the throttle body up where you could work on getting the hoses on and off.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.