Registered
9,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,743 Posts
DSUZU said:
This was tempting, but my wife would blow a head gasket.
Dennis https://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/d/si ... 43263.html
I already replied in your other thread, but I'll say it again here:
Wow! Perfect platform and price for a 4JG2-T or 4JB1-T diesel transplant. It's a good thing for me that I don't live closer to it. :D

This one even looks to be an LS.

Jack

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
JoeIsuzu said:
DSUZU said:
This was tempting, but my wife would blow a head gasket.
Dennis https://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/d/si ... 43263.html
I already replied in your other thread, but I'll say it again here:
Wow! Perfect platform and price for a 4JG2-T or 4JB1-T diesel transplant. It's a good thing for me that I don't live closer to it. :D

This one even looks to be an LS.

Jack
looks like that post, has been deleted from craigslist...probably someone SNAPPED it up....

·
Registered
9,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was surprised it had been on there so long (like 5 days). I don't know what the current "market" is, but when I bought mine (late 2011), exporters were snapping up any Asian pickups and shipping them off to Central America by the ship load. My Spacecab, which was in pretty rough condition, and listed as "needs transmission" was listed on Wednesday night, and Thursday Morning, out of 30 emails, the seller chose me, because I had mentioned that I wanted to fix and keep it vs export, resell, or scrap it.
For a while, the local "U pick" yard was exporting groups of Asian pickups rather than putting them in the yards because they could get more.
Regardless, this one is gone, and no longer a temptation for me. What the heck, I already don't have time to work on my existing projects besides getting and starting on a new one. Dennis

·
Registered
9,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, you came in late. It was an 88-91 ish 4x4 LS Spacecab. Maroon over silver (and I'd put money burgundy interior). Advertised for 375.00 with burnt valves. As I said, it was tempting, but in the long run would have brought me major trouble with the finance officer (wife :D). Actually, finance would have NOTHING to do with it, but "another project", well that would have caused "a great tremor in the force". Me, I'm jus itching to get back to the sailboat, the Coot, the rest of it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts