Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been around for a while, but have been keeping up with The Planet's goings ons through Gizmo and BigSwede over on the VX.info site. I came here today because I figured you guys would know better than the VXers about a 91 Trooper that I might be interested in.

I have no idea what questions to ask or what issues to look for so I need help from you guys. Are there any common issues with 91 Troopers that I should be aware of? Anything I need to be on the look out for? Did 91's come with power anything (windows, locks, steering, etc.)?

There isn't much information in the ad: http://apps.aspentimes.com/utils/c2/app ... fatt=false so I want to write to the guy and ask some questions (Um, like how many miles does the thing have on it?) Does the price seem reasonable to y'all (given milage, condition, etc.)? I will ask if the timing belt has been replaced, ever, the condition of the interior, rust issues and other common things.

Looking to use this for a daily driver so the VX can become a garage queen.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
If I were closer you'd not have to work about it as I'd buy it! Assuming of course it's spent most of it's life in Colorado. I bought one from Colorado and it is nearly rust free. Even though they have snow / ice they use a different deicer that just melts the ice, not like Iowa that uses salt that melts both the ice AND Isuzu frames.
As with any first gen, the first thing I'd check for is frame rust, anything else can be fixed. You asked about power this or that, LS models do have power windows, locks, cruise, etc.
Disclaimer...I'm not saying ALL LS models are equally equipped and also not saying ONLY LS models have the above items, just stating those options were available.
I can't think of any other single item I'd spend much time checking if it runs out ok, for that price. Oh, do check the oil cooler lines on the left inner fender well. Not a big deal but with age they often start to leak and could be used to maybe knock the price down though I think the price is already plenty fair.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If it runs fine, id go for it. Reasonable price, but I'm sure you could always get it a bit lower. Personally I'd offer $700 and that day pick up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.