Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes, that is a thermal valve...it lets more air in when the A/C is on so you won't lose power. It can be deleted if you don't have A/C.

You are looking for one? If so, contact Jerry Lemond, he's a member of the forum, and has OEM parts for sale. Or, contact Shawn Anthony (also a member of the forum), as he has parts for sale as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bypassed this valve because mine is broken off the plastic parts. I have AC but rarely use it. I never noticed much difference. But I don't think this is for AC, The ac unit sends an electric signal to that valve along the right fender I think..I'll have to look up the manual again on this,,,I was going to make a replacement pipe fitting up out of brass or copper or metal and weld it up to the base. I think this valve is stupid expensive.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I thought it was the valve to up the idle when the A/C is on, but I could very well be wrong.

J5, in one of his videos, deletes this for his 5-Tec modification; I may eventually do the same

·
Registered
1989 Isuzu Pickup 4WD 2.6 5sp
134 Posts
I think if the fast solenoid "OUT" hose is connected directly to the air intake before the throttle body then we can eliminate the thermal valve. This removes the function of the thermal valve directing fast idle solenoid "OUT" air directly to the common chamber bypassing throttle body if coolant temps are greater than 198F (92C).

Am I understanding the manual and fast solenoid diagram correctly?

NOTE: I edited this post because I had the bypass wrong.

Font Engineering Parallel Technical drawing Diagram

Font Material property Music Parallel Paper

Book Font Publication Number Paper product

1 - 6 of 6 Posts