Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday, I finally got together with a friend of mine who knows the local trails (including the ones that the Hatfield-McCoy ATV Trail System hasn’t already taken over). --- As the crow flies, the area seen in these photos is probably only about 15 miles from my house, but thanks to the mountainous terrain of WV, and the tendency of the roads be twistier than a coiled snake, it takes almost an hour to get there! :lol:

The Wagon Wheel -- famed local landmark -- located about as close to 'the middle of nowhere' as you can possibly get.

Taking a little break in the shade, after exploring some of the (many, many, MANY!) trails.

An alternate line at a creek crossing that heads up the creek itself.

My new desktop wallpaper (maybe?)

A view from the rear, looking up the creek (*note the log that's next to the driver's door)

The last thing that my camera saw as I slipped off said log, a split-second before my arm (and camera) went elbow-deep into the creek.

I would have posted these sooner, but my camera & SD card (and boots!) have been sitting in front of the dehumidifier for the last 36 hours :oops:

Anyway, there were quite a few other photos that I would have liked to have taken, showing all sorts of cool trails/obstacles and such... Trust me; we have absolutely got to get a group together this summer and go run some of these trails!

Cheers!
Smiley

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there any chance we could plan a couple of Rodeo Repair Days, first? ---
There are some trails up there that are absolutely stupid-steep -- one, called The Stair Steps, is downright disturbing just to look at... I think a Lockright Locker would make me feel a whole lot better about the idea of attempting it (and already having body damage might help a little too! ;) :lol: )

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I would be down. Wonder if I can get a cool Hatfield sticker since my last name is Hatfield.

That is my Graceland :lol:

My family came from down there. I am a pretty direct descendant of the guy who started the Hatfield-McCoy war.

I would love to go down to WV and run some trails. LMK when :D

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm very pleased to report that my camera appears to have survived its recent creek immersion, completely unscathed -- I, however, am still a little sore and scratched-up :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Smiley said:
I'm very pleased to report that my camera appears to have survived its recent creek immersion, completely unscathed -- I, however, am still a little sore and scratched-up :oops: :lol:
:bootyshake: WHHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa :thefinger:
I thought the red beast was locked out back,with the 5.38's and tera's :? guess it goes so good when I drove it all over ure because of the gearing and awsomeness of the driver :mrgreen:
.glad camera is ok...Smiley without a camera would be like a Smiley with out coffee :shock:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I always wanted to find that place when I lived in Bluefield. Kept hearing about the trails...never got the chance.

So, I know it was out Rt 52 towards Welch. Where after that, I always assumed it was a left hand turn off 52 down past Highwall park.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts