Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it fun trying to cancel internet service?

My dad turned in his computer when he resigned from a position. He called his internet provider to cancel service until he gets my old computer all set up.

Sitting there listening to him, you would hear "Ma'am, I don't have a computer right now", "no I don't need 2 months free", Ma'am I don't have a computer, there is no way for me to use it", "please cancel this service immediately", I could tell he was getting irritated.

This went on for a while with him repeating the same things over and over with a few choice words thrown in for emphasis. She finally pushed him far enough to where he said "don't you ****ing understand? I DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER!!". There was a slight pause and he handed me the phone.

After going round and round with her, I finally got it cancelled.

I hung up and ask him why he handed me the phone. His reply? "The b*tch said she wanted to talk to an adult!" :lol:

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Big pain in the arse anytime you want to cancel anything like that.

What I usually do is, tell them that the way they handle my cancel will determine wether or not I'll ever deal with them again. Like his internet service, he'll need an ISP again. Just not right now. Do you think he'll get that same service after he went through that phone call.

Joe

·
Registered
39 Posts
There are plenty of WAVs and MP3s out on the net where people have actually recorded their customer service sessions -- AOL seems to be leading the pack in 'not quite right', but that could be due to their market share slewing the available sample --I can remember reading one guys hard-case where he spent over an hour to cancel an account.

- If I get a chance, I'll see if I can find a link...

I suppose this should all be cause for everyone to call their ISP and try to cancel -- qty=2 free months each year would represent a 16+% savings... so 16% of your ISP bill for 30-minutes of your time...:idea:

:twisted: ... I wonder if this function could be outsourced to a call center in India, yes... then we coould start a service, where for 50% of the savings, we'd call and exploit the offers...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know he will definately not use that ISP again.

It is shame that you just can't call and cancel. Like he said, he can understand asking why you are leaving, if there were problems with the service, they would want to know.

But when you tell someone that you don't have the equipment to use their service, there is no reason why you should have to go through what he did. I am surpised the call didn't get heated long before it did.

And it was AOL.

I cancelled them a few years ago and went through the same hassel.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
AOL sucks. we have it and i never use it. all it does is make the computer retarted until i restart it. the few times i called aol, i could have sworn it was some little hut in india somewhere that i called.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.