Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the **** is isuzu's damn problem when they put the bolt holding the exaust to the transfer case on the top of the mother*****? im about to take a cut wheel to the piece of crap and then have to still drop the damn tranny to get the clutch plate off. original problem is my disk and clutch went out around the corner, babied it home and got the tranny on the jack and going to lower it and come to find the one FU**ing bolt is facing the wrong way, it is looking towards the sky when it should be facing the damn ground. wtf isuzu? anyone know of the bolt im talking about? any help in getting it out? im at a loss as i still have to go to work tonight and im already pissed and its a friday.

fml
dunlap

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I dunno the bolt...but I bet it's time for a new exhaust anyways....chop everything to hell!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cant affored a new exaust. i know it needs it bad, but i cant. if i could weld or knew someone that could, that would be awesome, but i dont. and having the exaust out would have so much more room. but then again, i cant weld, sooooo...

anyone wanna have a road trip? i need some freaking help.

dunlap

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
If you were a little closer I would...Couldn't get some of my exhaust to drop so I started cutting. Was cut off behind the cab for a day or two, but I manipulated all the stock pieces back together in the form of a muffler delete....Cat's next, but boy how I hate welding "up"....hopefully somebody knows how to better help.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kable said:
Lift the body off the frame.
thats a hell lot of work... at the beginning of the day, i got up around 2pm as i work nights at fedex, i laid down on the creeper in my crouded garage (2 uncles and my brother-in-law) and talked to it. i was like "im about to work on you baby, im going to be gentle at first but please dont piss me off" and it came right out. moved on to the bell housing bolts, and got them all out and then had a little trouble getting the actual tranny off the shaft, but with all the people, we dropped it on a tire from pulling it from behind. long story short, it is out and i have to find a place to get a new fly wheel as it is blued and spotted and there isnt anything left as the metal was all gone, along with the pressure plate as it is down to bare metal.. :shock: :shock: but it is all good. :mrgreen: :glasses4: :tongue8:

but i am moving forward installing a fly wheel, and the clutch kit.

thats where im at atleast, tranny out, looking at new flywheel, if anyone has any advice, that would be awesome. :)

dunlap

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, bell housing is all clean, and the pilot bearing, fly wheel, pressure plate and clutch plate. all i have to do now is the pilot bearing and then install it back into the truck.

dunlap

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
and it is all down hill from there... :D

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
wdunlap07 said:
only till i pulled the big muscle in my lower back yesterday moving that heavy soma piece of weight. :(
man, that sucks. Take care of that thing man. I had cut up blocks of 2x4, about 12 of them to help assist in moving that transmission and case around. It helped alot. Get a scrap piece and cut it down in 4" - 6" pieces.

Ice that thing.

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
You need to Liston to the song cause I had ah bad day, while working! It may help. It might help to prop up the front of the motor when you put it back together. Sometimes it gives better working room.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, still not in. have a problem with the splines going all the way in. i know this cant be this hard. am i missing something, cause i can not get it to line up for the life of me. this truck has fought me every step of the way and im trying not to give up on her. she has been an awesome truck and i want to keep her, but the road im headed down, it isnt going to happen.

i have the trans inside the fingers and up to the splines, but can not get them to go in. any help?

dunlap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts