Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antique car race held annually every summer. They usually do an east to west or south to north race. Its a time endurance ralley race (closest to "perfect time" wins. You try to get 0 seconds off of the calculated times.

The whole thing is an attempt to get the antique cars out on the road and driving them so the public can see these beauties of yesteryear. Check out their webpage and see if they are coming near you anytime this next week. http://www.greatrace.com/

The race started this morning in Chattanooga and will end next weekend in Bennington, VT where Hemmings Motor News has HQ. They will make stops along the way including on in various cities for lunch and for overnight stays. If you get a chance to see them at stop, go for it; you will not be disappointed!

I plan on getting into this one day, if I can get me a car and $3500 for the entry fee (plus gas, hotels...etc). Anyone else seen these races before?

(all images are from http://blog.cokertire.com/)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
It ends next weekend in Bennington VT? That's friggin' awesome! About 3 hours south directly by interstate. I'll have to see if I can make it seeing as most all those cars will be in one spot.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The race has come through Northern Nevada several times, it is just so cool and these folks that drive want to visit with you! I have also seen them on the freeways in Oregon, really makes a long drive enjoyable. Looking for the next car and just what the heck is it. If it is anywhere near you, you should see it. One of these years an Isuzu might be in it.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
johnnie59 said:
What kind of antique car is this? LOL... really cool though, something for us old gear head truckers in the crowd.
I'm not sure either... thats his second one he built out of old semi-trucks. The last one used a turbo charged tank engine and slurped gas. They did a stop at Lowes Motor Speedway (I think it was Lowes) and got to do a lap around the track; if I recall correctly, it cost him $75 in fuel to do a lap around the track!

The race is supposedly stopping in Cumberland, MD tonight. Go check it out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts