Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm Noel from South West of Western Australia. Owned a 1992 short wheel base Jackaroo (Trooper RS) for 5 years and absolutely love it (see link in sig for specs).

Have known about the Planet Isuzu website for years but not about the forum which I happily stumbled apon the other day. Look forward to learning some useful info and maybe providing some in return.

Here's some pics...

Cheers,

Noel

·
Registered
823 Posts
Great looking Jack bro...
And welcome to the planet.....

Chase

·
Registered
175 Posts
Who else keyed in on the second picture of the Zu pulling out the Jeep Wrangler???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice photos.
Hey, that black stuff around the fenders...are those fender flares or factory trim pieces? I can't tell from the photos.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good to see ya at this one Noel 8) like you said...... the invasion continues!! 8)

The guard flares look like the stuff you can buy and screw on yerself..... i was quoted about $120 for all four guards....... might invest in some when i finish with the current rebuild.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AussieIsuzu said:
Good to see ya at this one Noel 8) like you said...... the invasion continues!! 8)

The guard flares look like the stuff you can buy and screw on yerself..... i was quoted about $120 for all four guards....... might invest in some when i finish with the current rebuild.
Your right Roe, its the rubber flares that you just cut to size. I should have got the wider flares as the tyres are borderline on note being legal!
I think that answers your question too Phil.

Cheers,

Noel

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
93RS said:
Who else keyed in on the second picture of the Zu pulling out the Jeep Wrangler???
Passsed right over it, I mean, it's such a common occurrence :lol:
Member, Jeep Recovery Team 8)

Kewl truck though.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!

Hey, you Oz guyz heard of this company?:

http://www.offroadlockers.com ?

We need to 'urge' them to move forward on their ratcheting locker for the ISUZU corporate 10 and 12 bolt open diffs. Doesn't the Holden Jackaroos also have the ISUZU diffs? If enough of the Jackaroo and Frontera guyz/galz express an interest, maybe they'll move forward with production.

Cheers,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jackaroo SWBs and Trooper RSs don't need no stinking locker (G 80). heehee
(but, I am still pestering Bill @ offroadlockers.com)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Aussie Isuzu's run 12 bolt diffs and there are ratcheting lockers available for them here 8) I have a "Lockrite Lokka" and from all reports they work very well! i haven't had a chance to test it yet, the Rodeo is in the middle of a rebuild. you can't get one for the rear diff for most models here because they were fitted with such a good LSD you don't really need one once you put one in the front.
a couple of pics......

with locker

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Great pics.

I've read mucho material over the years, but admittedly, haven't paid that much attention to specifics - Did the Holden Jackaroos come with GM 12-bolt diffs or ISUZU Corporate 12-bolt diffs (rear)?

I see on the 4WD Systems website http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/html/main.htm
they offer some Lokkas for Jackaroos, but don't specify which model years/diff types. (I've emailed an inquiry)

I saw on one ad page:
http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/gfx/specials_26_right.pdf
that showed 'some' for Jackaroo (and Rodeo and MU) for $745 (AU)?

Anyone know what the conversion to USD is and what the shipping might be to US?

Anyone heard of 'lokka' before?

Is this old ground, not worth covering?

:?:

Cheers,

·
Registered
83 Posts
the conversion i guess would roughly be 1/3 less in $US our dollar is currently about 70 cents US. Air frieght to the USA would be about $15 (don't quote me) From all repaorts here........ the Lokka is a good unit, a little understeer when you got the hubs locked, but apparently all lockers do that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LTC Don said:
Great pics.

I've read mucho material over the years, but admittedly, haven't paid that much attention to specifics - Did the Holden Jackaroos come with GM 12-bolt diffs or ISUZU Corporate 12-bolt diffs (rear)?

I see on the 4WD Systems website http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/html/main.htm
they offer some Lokkas for Jackaroos, but don't specify which model years/diff types. (I've emailed an inquiry)

I saw on one ad page:
http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/gfx/specials_26_right.pdf
that showed 'some' for Jackaroo (and Rodeo and MU) for $745 (AU)?

Anyone know what the conversion to USD is and what the shipping might be to US?

Anyone heard of 'lokka' before?

Is this old ground, not worth covering?

:?:

Cheers,
Jackaroo diff setup is generally the same as Troopers that is Isuzu corp 10 bolt front and 12 bolt rear. The Lokka's should fit any of the 10 bolt front diffs as they are for the most part the same right...? :?
I wouldnt bother looking into shipping them over though. You guys have the Powertrax Lockright over there which is basically the same thing but supposedly stronger. I can vouch for the Lokka though... Ive run one for a few years and it still works very well. 8)

I was also going to say that the Aussie Locker also looks like a very similar design.

Cheers,

Noel

·
Registered
83 Posts
if you can be sure they are going to fit, which i'm almost certain they will...... i'm sure Noel or myself can send them over as "gifts" ;) means no import duty on them 8)

·
Registered
763 Posts
AussieIsuzu said:
The Aussie Isuzu's run 12 bolt diffs and there are ratcheting lockers available for them here.
Would you consider shipping a 12 bolt locker to the US? I just installed a front lockright, but had no idea a rear one existed anywhere. Mark

·
Registered
83 Posts
They are only available for some models...... if i knew what the equivalent was, then i would find out, and i could ship it to you no problems :) i know they make an air locker for all models here..... but i don't know about an auto locker...... i am told that it's not a wise move to put an auto locker on the rear.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Can you give me the name of manufacturer? I have a 95 trooper. Thye would be called the "widetrack Jackaroo" based on ARBs website. If you cabn give me a web address, I would be very grateful.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.