Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 811 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this lift imported from Thailand, it was very pricey,but it's detailed and very simple to install. Right now im sitting somewhere between 13 and 14" of lift. This week im getting tires, haven't decided what size yet, today im test fitting my buddies 36" swamper to see how it looks.

Im running 4.78's which should be plenty for what I do.

Reactions: deerodeo

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Nice!
Are you maintaining the IFS or going SAS?
I like the look, is there a specific OHV park or style of offroading you are purposing the Rodeo for?

~psguardian

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's staying IFS, a solid axle would never get used for it's purpose in my book. Around here there's no reason to do a SAS. I have a friend who did it and to this day it's never seen off-road.

She's a street queen and Im not ashamed to admit that.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Camiel. Installing one of these with hand tools sucks big time! I had my breaker bar working over time, lol.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sweet! Looks awesome. How about some more pics?

-Jim

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im sorry if I come off as a prick in my first post, I didn't intend for it to mean like it sounded. Bottom line is I know how some people are on this board, they know who they are, they take one look at something like this and automatically start ragging on it because it's too tall or not functional, or its just a street queen. Im not going to listen to that, if you don't like it, then don't look at this post, it's that simple.

For the ones who are interested in seeing this, i'll have more pics to follow. Im way ahead of schedule with this as you can see, I figured by the middle of December i'd be wrapping it up.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
betterthanyou said:
Very cool. Where did you find this kit?
I had it custom made in Thailand. Mine is the first kit they produced.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I don't have alot of pics yet, there's still more to do i just put the tires on it to get it off the jackstands. My neighbors hate me, lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks great! I've been keeping my eye out on some of the kits made in Thailand, they really know how to make them. I keep getting tempted, but the trails I like I worry about high centering.
I do have to say the Vauxhall badge is a little different though. I'd thought of getting an Opel or Holden badge. But I stuck with Isuzu since mine was not made in South Africa nor built by GM like the other three are.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Looks awesome! cant wait to see more pics. 8) :D

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This kit is bulletproof. Very well designed, and the simplicity of it is unreal. Another cool thing about this lift is the spindle, it gives alot of positive camber to make up for the angle of the lower control arm. My ball joints are at stock angles. :shock:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Complete kit, new spindles, crossmembers, sway bar links and drop brackets, track bar brackets, etc. Almost everything is dropped, and the best part is the t-bars stay in the stock location. There are brackets that allow this.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im impressed too. Once I get the new tires on and get it more mobile i'll snap more pics.

1 - 20 of 811 Posts