Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in new owner mode, and since I got nothing as far as paperwork, I need to buy a manual. The question is, which one? With VW's, the "Bible" is the Bentley manual, but I also had a Haynes as a second opinion.

Looking around, I really only see the Haynes and occasionally a Chilton. I know there's a factory manual, but they seem to be pricey when they are available.

So, my question is: what is the best manual for the buck?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I have a Chilton and, in my opinion, it is superficial. I constantly find myself having to go to other sources for detail.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
The factory manual. I have a line on them for about 35 bucks.

New or almost new condition.

I'm not making a dime on this it's a friend of mine that has them.

Joe

·
Registered
259 Posts
Magnificent_Bastard said:
I'm in new owner mode, and since I got nothing as far as paperwork, I need to buy a manual. The question is, which one? With VW's, the "Bible" is the Bentley manual, but I also had a Haynes as a second opinion.

Looking around, I really only see the Haynes and occasionally a Chilton. I know there's a factory manual, but they seem to be pricey when they are available.

So, my question is: what is the best manual for the buck?
if u need, i send u workshop manual FREE :) /by email/
write me: year of production, car (rodeo, trooper or another), engine, email
write to private message box

·
Registered
28 Posts
In all the years I've had repairing and modifying 4x4's and ATV's
I have found Chiltons not that great. Haynes is more detail but you can't beat the vehicle shop manual. My son has access to All Data at school and that is a great source.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
My favorite is my 89 Trooper/Trooper II 2.6 specific factory manual.

I also have the Haynes & Chilton, but they really cover too many years & models to be very specific. Most of the illistrations in the Haynes & chilton for my truck are reprints from the factory manual. One or the other of them does have the trouble codes, which oddly the factory manual does not.

When I first started dinking around with my Troop it seemed that all three were written asuming that I was familiar with ZuZus, which I was'nt.

This changes the more often you get dirty :wink:

Jim

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I have the haynes manual and factory manual on cd I got off of ebay for my rodeo. As onetouch said the haynes manual covers too many years and isuzu made so many changes in those years they cant be real specific, though they do a pretty good job. Most of the pics and drawings in the rodeo one are for earlier years which is why I got the factory manual also. The factory manual has exploded diagrams which come in really handy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.