Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been running an aussie locker in my isuzu 12 bolt rear on my 95 isuzu truck almost 9 months now.it performs great off road and is mild mannered on the streets,but on tight slow turns it makes the famous clicking noise,i wish i had a dollar for every time some one has asked me what is wrong with my truck.does anyone else here on the planet that is running a rear aussie locker get asked that question lol. 8) recon

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AlexXx said:
Well I got a lock right in my tacoma, and my girlfriend always ask "what's that clicking? Something broke?"
what year is your taco 8) recon

·
Registered
101 Posts
AlexXx said:
Don't worry I got rid of that awful billet grill. Since I got the troop, I haven't paid to much attention to my first love.
Your girlfriend or your Yota?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lol try a lockrite in a fullsize. My flatbed has one in the 14b and between it being a stick (no torque converter to cushion the ratcheting), short wheel base, and having 3 aluminum tool boxes over the rear it sounds like Im breaking teeth of the ring when I park on pavement.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
You should see the looks I get with the no-slip. It doesnt ratchet, just unlocks fully and slips. But, if it unlocks under load it does so with a loud snap. Sounds like an axle snapping. In fact, when I snapped the rear anti sway bar in Moab I though it was the locker.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
The parking lot at our "family vet" must be made out of some super sticky blacktop, because my trooper will buck, pop and ratchet something awful when I park there. So much so that I make a conscious effort to make nice wide turns when parking there.

Not many people comment on the noise, but plenty stare and shake their heads.

·
Registered
346 Posts
All the time!! I tell them it's the flux capacitor charging up. Either that or the flywheel gasket is loose!!
-Billy

·
Registered
458 Posts
these are some of the reasons I havent put my rear locker in yet, ive had it brand new in box for about 2 years i think. noise and bucking in parking lots, i already have rattling windows and it aggervates me somethin crazy

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D i just shift in neutral and coast on in parking lots lol 8) recon

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
recon said:
:D i just shift in neutral and coast on in parking lots lol 8) recon
My "no-slip" locker is very quiet when loaded - it never clicks. But when coasting, it produces, sometimes, lots of sounds, especially when the diff is hot. Once I lift my foot off the gas pedal, I hear clicking. I do not know whether this is expected, or something is wrong with the setup. Other than coasting noise, it performs perfectly fine.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Tad said:
"Hey, I paid extra for that noise!"

-Tad
Perfect !

I'm going to have to remember that the next time someone gives me funny looks.

And I get funny looks for just about everything. LOL

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Tad said:
"Hey, I paid extra for that noise!"

-Tad
once I install my locker...Im gona be telling that to the people who stare at me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts