Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wonder why the 1st generation trooper rs was only available in the usa in 1989 only.it is the best of the 1st generation troopers.it swb and 4.77 gears and big tire package should have been offered more years.i really want one.plus i wonder why isuzu never offered 4.77 gears as an option in other vehicals. 8) recon

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VO|TRON said:
my trooper has 4.77's and its not an RS. Somewhere there is an 89 trooper with no axles.
did you install the 4.77 or were they in your trooper when you bought it 8) recon

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
recon said:
VO|TRON said:
my trooper has 4.77's and its not an RS. Somewhere there is an 89 trooper with no axles.
did you install the 4.77 or were they in your trooper when you bought it 8) recon
It was possible to get the "big tire package" (ie 4.77 gears, snowflakes etc.) from the dealer on other troopers. It didnt have to be the RS but the RS was the only one that option came standard on.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
recon said:
VO|TRON said:
HEY RICHARD THE 89 AND 90 RS WERE AVAILABLE, BUT NO 91,AND THE OTHER TROOPERS 4DOOR IN 89-90-91 WITH THE FACTORY BIG TIRE PACKAGE ALL HAD THE 4.77 GEARS EVEN THE V6 , BUT YOU HAVE TO BE CARE FULL, THERE ARE A LOT OF TROOPER S RUNNING AROUND THAT HAVE THE SNO FLAKES ON THEM BOUGHT FROM THE DLR BUT DO NOT HAVE THE 4.77,AND ALL SO A LOT OF TROOPERS WITH THE STANDARD TIRES AND WHEELS WITH 4.77 WHAT WAS HAPPENING , THE DLRS WERE SWAPPING THE TIRES AND WHEELS AROUND ON THE TROOPERS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANTED THAT CAR OVER THERE IF YOU PUT THOSE TIRES AND WHEELS ON IT ,N.C AND S.C DEALERS WERE NOTORIOUS FOR IT , SO YOU HAVE THE CHECK THE DATA PLATE TO BE CERTAIN , SO IT IS POSSIBLE TO FIND A PLAIN JANE TROOPER WITH REG WHEEL AND 4.77 AND A TROOPER WITH THE BIG WHEELS AND 4.55 LUCK OF THE DRAW , THEY ONLY DID THIS ABOUT A YEAR AND ISUZU NAILED THE ONES THEY CAUGHT .

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
JLEMOND said:
recon said:
VO|TRON said:
HEY RICHARD THE 89 AND 90 RS WERE AVAILABLE, BUT NO 91,AND THE OTHER TROOPERS 4DOOR IN 89-90-91 WITH THE FACTORY BIG TIRE PACKAGE ALL HAD THE 4.77 GEARS EVEN THE V6 , BUT YOU HAVE TO BE CARE FULL, THERE ARE A LOT OF TROOPER S RUNNING AROUND THAT HAVE THE SNO FLAKES ON THEM BOUGHT FROM THE DLR BUT DO NOT HAVE THE 4.77,AND ALL SO A LOT OF TROOPERS WITH THE STANDARD TIRES AND WHEELS WITH 4.77 WHAT WAS HAPPENING , THE DLRS WERE SWAPPING THE TIRES AND WHEELS AROUND ON THE TROOPERS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANTED THAT CAR OVER THERE IF YOU PUT THOSE TIRES AND WHEELS ON IT ,N.C AND S.C DEALERS WERE NOTORIOUS FOR IT , SO YOU HAVE THE CHECK THE DATA PLATE TO BE CERTAIN , SO IT IS POSSIBLE TO FIND A PLAIN JANE TROOPER WITH REG WHEEL AND 4.77 AND A TROOPER WITH THE BIG WHEELS AND 4.55 LUCK OF THE DRAW , THEY ONLY DID THIS ABOUT A YEAR AND ISUZU NAILED THE ONES THEY CAUGHT .
Hey Jerry, what was the option plate code for the 4.77's?

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
stusvend said:
JLEMOND said:
recon said:
VO|TRON said:
Hey Jerry, what was the option plate code for the 4.77's?
WHAT YOU WOULD LOOK FOR IS THE WIDE TIRE PACKAGE OPTION CODE WHICH IS 6NZ FOR ALL THE TROOPER ,S
THE ACTUAL OPTION CODE FOR THE 4.77 GEARS IS S2J WHICH IS INCLUDED IN THE 6NZ PACKAGE
SO IF YOU FIND A TROOPER WITH THE 6NZ CODE STAMP IT WILL HAVE ORIG,CAME WITH THE LARGE TIRES ,SNO FLAKES AND THE 4.77 GEARS AS A PACKAGE.

NOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFULL OF IS THE SAME 6NZ PACKAGE WAS AVAILABLE ON THE 88-91 PICKUP TRUCKS BUT DID NOT INCLUDE THE S2J AXLE IT HAD THE HC6 GEARS WHICH WOULD BE 4.55

WHEELS ON THE PICKUP WHERE THE SAME SNO FLAKES ,BUT DIFF OFF SETS ,SAME TIRE SIZE

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
SAS said:
I (heart) Jerry. 8)
Hey SAS, just noticing your signature. You on ih8mud forum too? My cruiser is a '69.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.