Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Texas Isuzus

30K views 49 replies 22 participants last post by  88truper 
#1 ·
I want to get a Texas Isuzu meet-up organized. There are quite a few off-road parks here in the Central Texas area and would like to see if there is any interest on Texas Isuzu'rs getting together and having a meet-up somewhere.

Let me know what y'all think.

Reactions: Bucket65
#29 ·
MegaRun at Barnwell check out facebook DFW TX 4WD; trails from stock to difficult, raffle and perfect for stock rigs. Great camping as well.

#30 ·
Hey there Texas people, My brother and I are going to Barnwell for the day next Saturday, March 26th, if anyone would care to join us. We don't do anything too crazy, usually just stick to the north east side of the park where most of the trails are 2-3's, (on a 1-5 scale) We will be arriving at about 9am at the park

#31 ·
I can't play.....but pix and video are always loved.

#32 ·
Sorry for the late update, but Gilmer was a blast, I'll try to get the photos and videos up this weekend. Also went out to Northwest OHV park in Bridgeport a few weeks ago, I'll get pics and video of that day up over the weekend as well.

#33 ·
Also, I'm thinking of going to Bridgeport tomorrow, I know, last minute invite as always. But I plan on getting there when the gate opens at 8, and only playing until about noon or so

#34 ·
Great day at Northwest OHV park in Bridgeport, Tx today!! I went out there with a buddy in a Tj sitting on 33's with a 3" lift. Had to pull him out of one hairy spot, but all in all, a good day. We were still able to drive home, lol. I'll have pics and video posted up tomorrow

#36 ·
Sweet!! Welcome to the 'zoo'. Next scheduled outing for me is the weekend of March 25th. We are heading to Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area in Gilmer, about 2.5hrs east of Dallas. We will be getting there Friday night, wheel on sat, then come home Sunday. It'll be me in my '97 SLX, about 3 keeps, and I think a K5 blazer

#37 ·
Add me to the Texas group as well. My little group of buddies does some pretty serious offroading once or twice a year (usually at least once to Moab). We are all in the DFW area, multiple Troopers including mine (99 SLX) and lots of decked Land Cruisers and a few Monteros. We'd be down for Barnwell in March.

Additionally we are looking to do a Rubicon trip in April (just putting feelers out now if anyone wants to join us). Some of our group are driving to the Rubi and some of us are shipping our rigs there on semis and flying. Let me know if anyone is interested.

#38 ·
That sounds like an epic trip!! I can't make it this year, getting married and all. But definitely keep us posted on the trip

#39 ·
Count me in... El Paso...trooper love...just picked up the 4th..a keeper.. The Legendary Jerry Lemond is building my motor and I will have the suspension rebuilt while the motor is out and I am road ready...Include me on any emails aa79912@gmail.com ...I should be up and running in 4weeks ...Really miss the wall climber...

My first 2 door !ive have the V6 and a few 4cyl 2.4 l. This will be my first carbureted non stock motor can't wait to have it TEXAS road ready

Keep me posted guys ...lots of time on my hands..need new bunch of Yahoo!'s

Attachments

#40 ·
New Member here. So Happy to see a Texas group, I'm down in San Antonio. I like going to Padre Island National Seashore to fish, camp, drink cold beer, and contemplate life. It's not super hard core wheeling, but deep soft sand is something, and incoming tides do put a hard time limit on solving a problem.
I'd love to get a group together to go there, I'm also interested in some Hill Country wheeling.
I just bought a 2000 Rodeo w/ the 3.2L that is bone stock, in fact it came w/ the original dirt in fact. :D
My first mission is to solve /repair all the codes, then I'll look at beefing it up.
Rob Trevino 210-313-4932

#41 ·
Welcome to the 'Texas ZOO'!! The 3.2 is a solid engine, in my opinion. Usually, just a bunch of little things to track down in regards to the check engine light. Mainly time consuming, lol. There's lots of help here in this forum, just do some searching, and someone has probably already resolved some of the same issues your having. Then, poke around and look at some of the rigs that other members have built, to give yourself an idea of how mild, or wild, you want to go.

Maybe this fall, Oct/Nov, we could do a hill country Isuzu trail day.

Best regards

Jeremiah Moreno

Reactions: OlRob65
#42 · (Edited by Moderator)
New member here. I'm in South East Texas near Beaumont. Been slowly modding my 1994 V6 4x4 Rodeo to use as a deer lease buggy instead of buying a $15k-$20k side by side and I drive it to work, about 30 miles round trip each day, Mon-Fri. It was a hand me down from my step dad who wasn't going to use it anymore and I finally got him to just give it to me :D. Maybe I'll get to meet up with some of ya'll one of these days.

1994 Rodeo with 285's (small size).jpg

Attachments

#43 · (Edited by Moderator)
anyone ever go out to Bridgeport ohv? I was out there on sunday. My coworker see's a red second gen trooper with rack and snorkel out there. I've been going with the yota guys from work. we may go out to barnwell in march.
20170219_143740.jpg

Attachments

#44 ·
I've been out there quite a few times with my brother and his jeep buddies. Im on the east side of Fort Worth, so it makes for a nice day trip. They are always surprised to see an 'Acura' hanging with them on the trails, lol. The mrs and I are thinking of going out to Gilmer sometime in May.

Attachments

#45 ·
Awesome man, I think My buddys from work and I are going to Barnwell on the weekend of the 18th of march .

#46 · (Edited by Moderator)
Had a blast last weekend out at barnwell...I need back-up though...more Isuzu's..
IMG_5789.PNG

IMG_5775_resized.JPG

Attachments

#47 ·
Hi, I'm new to the group. Great to see some fellow Zu owners in the area. Hit me up if you'd be available to venture off pavement sometime soon. I see some have ideas/plans for specific events across the state, but was seeking those that would want to participate in a more relaxed, unorganzied, and frequent manner.

roberttrevino31715@gmail.com

Send me a message if you're up for an adventure.

Attachments

#48 ·
I'll be out at Bridgeport tomorrow with some Toyota guys if anyone wants to come out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.