Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
along these lines, ive got a problem. i have an 02 and the pulley bolt bent a bit and the timing belt now rides crooked and broke.i have retapped and heli coiled the thing a bunch of times but its still riding crooked and rubbing on the head. is it supposed to be at an angle or something? any ideas would be appreciated much. thanks all

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hopefully someone can help here. i have an 02 axiom 3.5 and the pulley bolt bent a bit and the timing belt now rides crooked and broke.i have retapped and heli coiled the thing a bunch of times but its still riding crooked and rubbing on the head. is it supposed to be at an angle or something? its the big blot that goes in the tensioner pulley. any ideas would be appreciated much. thanks all

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
If the bolt is bent why are re-tapping the block? Replace the bolt.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Starting multiple threads on the same topic is not required.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
i have some OEM parts for that motor.

AXIOM THERMOSTAT 8-97288-759-1 08-2003 and later 15.00 shipped
AXIOM ROD ASM; PUSH,TENSIONER 8-97328-512-0 08-2003 and later 45.00 shipped
AXIOM PULLEY; IDLE,TIMING 8-97146-877-0 01-2001 and later 35.00 shipped

or 85.00 shipped for all. these are NEW OEM parts

let me know, as factory Isuzu (OEM) parts last!!!

Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
couldnt find the thread after i started it. new to the forums. thanks for contributing though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CatFuzz said:
If the bolt is bent why are re-tapping the block? Replace the bolt.
the bolt wiggled and bent then ruined the threads. i dont see wiggling anywhere else though. and i replaced the bolt.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
xpumpx said:
CatFuzz is there a way to move that convo over here? i think more people may see it
I'll see if I can move it to here.

Edit: Well, I got them moved, but they ended up in mixed up order.

I think the forum software merged them according to the date/time they were posted.

Your first one there was posted before any here, etc...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Maybe the tensioner arm itself is bent or the hole is egged out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
new tensioner pulley and new bolt and new hydraulic tensioner thing. cant get it to run true though?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Ok, but the bracket that the pulley bolts to could be bent. Unless that part is new also. This just seems like something we're going to have to see for our own eyes. Can you get a decent pic?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will, and that pulley bolts right to the block and is also new. let me get a pic though, may be a couple days. thanks again

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
You're talking about the idler then. The tensioner is on a pivot arm. If it's the idler you're talking about then, you had to of re-tapped the threads at an angle or something. There is no other explanation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts