Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the engine with a completly rebuilt from the ground up motor. I have 500 miles on it now. It runs great! Way more power than the old clunker.

My issue is, I am concerned about the temp its running at. When on short trips, less than about 20 miles temp gauge stays around half. Turn the ac off and it drops to just below half. Made a longer trip the other day and the temp crept up to about 3/4 on the guage which concerned me. It never exceeded 3/4ths but still concerned me.

the engine has new water pump, new oem thermostat, new hoses. Prior to the change I had replaced the old single core radiator with a duel core I found at the salvage yard.

Today I pulled the rad, flushed it and cleaned it with an HCL soak for about an hour. put it back together, burped it and ran it hard for about 20 miles, temp guage went to just above half. turned off the ac and it dropped back to about half on the gauge.

Temp here had been between 105 and 110 every day so im sure thats part of it.

Where does your gauge run?

Thinking about an external gauge just to check and see what the temp actually is.

anybody got any suggestions or comments?

·
Registered
165 Posts
MY temp gauge stays a little under half way up on a hot day with the AC on and i have all the old original 151k miles stuff.
who is to say your gauge is accurate against any others though. for safe measure use a temperature gun, or aftermarket gauge to see what the actual temperature is. I ran mine quite a while without the AC condensor fan working and didnt seem to have any difference in coolant temp, just the AC didnt work as well at idle and low speeds. As the engine warms up can you hear your belt driven fan drawing more air after sitting idle for a couple mins? the fan clutch may be getting weak causing it to almost free spin and not move enough air to do any good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts