Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled off tbi for 91 v6 trooper I just bought and the aluminum gasket is torn. Being new to this engine my question is, should I replace it with a like part? If yes where can I find it? Or Would it be alright to use the gasket provided in the Echlin rebuild kit I got from Napa. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Someone more familiar with that engine will probably chime in, but my first thought would be to use the gasket that came with that kit. There are so many 60 degree V6s out there that that gasket will be easy to find. Unless the aluminum gasket is also a spacer, the paper gasket should work fine.

-Tad

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tad, I got this trooper for $400 because the lady did not want to pay the $1,700 the dealership was going to charge to replace the head gaskets. I figured I would give the engine a once over while I was at it and this forum seems like the place to come for advice. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I think the only thing about the 'foil' TBI gasket is that it's kind of a sandwich affair and may have some insulating properties.

If you did want to use that type or gasket, you should be able to get one at NAPA or other local auto parts store, as the aftermarket carries it (I think mine was a Felpro brand but can't remember fer sur). They're not very expensive.

Here's a link to a pic of a Borg Warner gasket:

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails ... 20&PTSet=A

Either one should work, they're easy enough to change if you have any problems later.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Spammer Troll Begone!!!!!! :evil: :x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.