Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for new tires and want the tall, skinny look. I also want to keep the stock wheels or it would be better to say that I don't want to pay for 16" wheels.

So far, I am considering in 7.00-15LT:

Cooper/Mastercraft Courser Traction LT (6.7" wide and 30.3" tall). It's bias ply, but that would be better for using on the farm anyway.

Power King Super Traction in the same size, but I can't find a picture or specs on it.

If I could cabbage on to some 16" x 6" wheels, I'd go with 215/85R16s or 235/85R16s They are 30.3 and 31.8", respectively.

Thoughts, comments, advice appreciated...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aren't skinnier tires better in the mud because they dig down to the hard ground?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Unless there is no bottom :shock:

OK ... so its not a stuck picture, had other things on my mind :( . Today I was sliders deep in mud and had to walk thru the muck. My 33x10.5s couldn't find the bottom .... but I'm not sure 33x12.5s woulda floated me on top the mud either. I was following a Toy wearing 36x14.50R15 Swamper TSLs. He ended up pulling me out :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input so far guys.

Not sure if it matters, but the Trooper has a swapped-in 2.6.

I used to have a Toyota pickup with no acceleration running 265/75R16s. We put some 30" tires on and it was like a whole new truck. I am trying to avoid making the same mistake and killing the 4-banger with "big" heavy tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.