Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
1986 Isuzu Trooper II
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everybody. Sriving an 86 trooper diesel 2 door. My tachometer doesnt move. I thought it has a connection somewhere at the injection pump (or am I wrong?) but couldnt find an obvious terminal where a wire is attached to.
Is the tach realy connected to the i kection pump ? Of not, ca. amybody point out to me where please 馃槉馃槉
Thanks
Les

Registered
The tach is connected to the injection pump. There is a two wire clip near the front of the IP with a black connector and black wires. The black/yellow single wire with clear clip on the back of the IP opens the fuel solenoid when the key is in the run position

Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
These are usually really dependable. If it's not working, it's most likely a bad electrical connection somewhere, or a wire that has worn and shorted against something metal.

Registered
1986 Isuzu Trooper II
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys will explore. There doesnt seem to be a terminal or a wire that was once upon a time connected down there. But ill check. I actually dont know what im looking for cos the IP never had it. So, if there coupd be a photo of it so ill know how it looks like ....... ??? Kindly send 馃槉馃槉

1 - 6 of 6 Posts