Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought them blue bulbs, put them in, and they were DARKER than the stock bulbs. them blue ligts are only for show, they do NOT improve YOUR visibility. i am looking at the silverstar bulbs now, WHITE and LEGAL too. Anybody got them? You can pick them up at Walmarf for 35 bucks. Just wondering if anyone has used them in their Isuzu or other vehicle.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just so you know, a real High Intensity Discharge light system requires rewiring the leads to your headlights in order to install a transformer. You'll also need to get new headlights (not just bulbs, but the whole assembly) to accomodate the hardware for these things.

You can't just drop in a bulb to get the real deal. The ones you pruchased are just that... Just for show.

·
Registered
591 Posts
wildlife- make sure you use the same wattage range replacement lamps. If you use higher wattage than stock, you will over-amp and overheat the system which will burn up the lamp bases or worse :shock: :x !
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay, not going to HID, just replacing the bulbs with Sylvania Silverstars, that was the question. Blue is junk, and wanting brighter than Halogen, xenon seems to be the newest element that is super bright so that YOU can see better. The bulbs in my 2001 Trooper are just fine, was wanting to see better without buying addtional driving lights, which always look so gaudy on a classy looking vehicle! I don't think that HID is even legal!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used to use the blues in my BMW and the visability was greatly improved. I later tried them in a Ford and they sucked. I guess a great deal depends on lheadlamp shape etc. Round seems to make the difference. Ford had oblong and they were crap. BMW had round and they were great.
Just my 2 cents. Change anyone??? LOL

Cris

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put the silverstars in my trooper and in my Lebaron convertible. I really like them, The light is more white than stock. I would guess about 35% brighter. IMHO pretty good upgrade for the price

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So hey, now I have 2 sets of them there blue lights, which are rattling around in my glove box. I bought them off ebay, and of course, the seller was the winner there. I found that they were not even close to the brightness of stock lights, and my new Silverstars just arrived, so I am gong to put them in. Geez, I wish the engineers would give you a couple of inches more wire to remove/re-install the headlight assemblies, but I guess that when your making thousands of the SUV's, that those couple of extra inches really add up the cost of the vehicle....right boys????? Come on, my hands are not that tiny!! I am so glad I am not a mechanic working on these ultra tight and compact Japanese assemblies,, but I gotta hand it to you guys, you make a product that IMHO is leaps and bounds better than any American made, or Canadian made product. I'm not even going to complain that I did not get my vehicle at 0% financing, 'cause there are so MANY of the big three vehicles out there, their essentially worthless when you go to trade them in or sell them. So I give the Isuzu folks a big thumbs up, on a very happy Isuzu Trooper owner...now quit procrastinating, and put them light bulbs in buddy!!! Hehehehehe, sometimes I gotta yell at myself............

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Silverstar headlights are the best "safe" headlight. Those Ebay ones are cheap china built and burn out in weeks. OK OK so i know first hand :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
I love my SilverStars! ::Two-thumbs-up::

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried a few of those 'blue' bulbs on my '02 Rodeo LSE. I actually liked the light they cast, but they kept burning out or blowing a fuse. I did verify I had the correct wattage, etc. And after too many nights with one headlight out, or worse, the fuse blown and a loss of all driving lamps, I gave up on the blue things.

I then bought the Silverstar 'whites'. I think they are very good, definately better than stock bulbs, but no blue hue. They've been in my truck over a year now, none blown, no fuses popped. They seem to be made better and get the job done.

That's my 1 cent worth (I spent to much on junk bulbs to offer 2 cents).

·
Registered
286 Posts
I to just bought a set of Silverstars off of ebay. I've had them about a week now. I think they are a much wise/affordable replacement for the OE bulbs. I am looking for the H3 Silverstars for my fog lights now. 8)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have Silverstars in all my vehicles.

Here is a tip

Pepboys Auto parts is always printing and ad for a pair of silverstars for $15.00

Then when you go to the store they have a sign saying it is a misprint and they are 15.00 apiece.

You can take their ad to walmart and walmart will honor it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I don't think that HID is even legal!
Yeah, HID is legal, most of your HIGH ends come witht hem..they are just expensive, THOUGH, well worht the money...

That said...

I run Silverstars in all my vehicles...... have for sometime....

Chase
FWIW, I have been looking for the H3 bulbs as well......

·
Registered
286 Posts
chasespeed said:
Chase
FWIW, I have been looking for the H3 bulbs as well......
I just got my H3's off of Ebay. They should be here within a few days. I have always used Silverstars also. I like the brightness they give off. No cheap looking blue tint to them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got em at Autozone for $19.99 for each bulb lastweek. stupid me couldnt get the passenger side bulb connector to come off :shock: , was raining and getting dark so i only changed the driver side, gonna try doin em again this weekend LOL maybe its just me but when i first put em in i can barely see the difference between the two sides the SilverStar is abit whiter, but as i use em more and more it seem to get brighter and whiter as time goes by, weird huh... :? but overall i like em! :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
The hardest thing I find about tryin to change my H3's is getting the outter bracket off of the fog light. Took me a few trys. Swear a couple of times, walk away, come back, swear a few more times walk away, tell myself to calm down a bit, then I got it. What a time I had, and the funny thing is I have to do it all over again. I did it the first time just to check out the conector and stuff. Hope it's a bit easier the 2nd time around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.