Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fabbed up a set of quick disconnects this afternoon after getting tired of my sway bar rubbing on my shocks. They have a greasable heim joint on top and a quick disconnect linkage on the bottom for easy release, and they are a little longer so they don't rub on the bar. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a set, let me know.

Reactions: ozfest

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure I can make a set that will fit. Let me know the overall length you want and I'll cut you a set up.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Like this? If not, take a picture and I can probably come up with something.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How difficult are they to connect/disconnect? What do you do with the swaybar and links when disconnected? Sorry for the questions, my front sway bar has been sitting in my garage since I bought the truck.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Heh, that's where my rear sway bar is.

I have some of the old Indy4x disconnects on front. I disconnect and then velcro strap the links back to the sway bar to keep them out of the way. Then I bungee the sway bar to the shock tower on one side, such that the sway bar is in approximately the same place it normally is. I have found this to be the best place to keep it from rubbing on anything. Probably not the best system, but it seems to work OK.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bigreen505 said:
How difficult are they to connect/disconnect? What do you do with the swaybar and links when disconnected? Sorry for the questions, my front sway bar has been sitting in my garage since I bought the truck.
I do what BigSwede said as well when I disconnect them. They aren't very hard to connect/disconnect. The tolerances are still pretty tight now, but I greased up the disconnect stud and it isn't too much effort to reattach them.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Nice work.
These are my rear links, I reckon you would sell a lot of those disconnects over here in the UK on my home forum should the postage not be too high.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Gizmo42 said:
Looks almost like the ones I made except mine arent quick disconnect. Never felt the need to disconnect them.
Nothing says you need to disconnect your swaybars off-road...but I suspect if you tried it you would prefer to disconnect them. It is a much more comfortable ride, lots less lurching back and forth over every little rock and bump, not to mention an improvement in ease of articulation.

BTW I may be interested in a set for the front, but it will be a coupla weeks before I know for sure :wink:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
BigSwede said:
Nothing says you need to disconnect your swaybars off-road...but I suspect if you tried it you would prefer to disconnect them. It is a much more comfortable ride, lots less lurching back and forth over every little rock and bump
this is absolutely true, this is exactly what I experienced.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Hatfield said:
Let me know if you want any.
I want them for my front suspension (I removed the links from the rear long ago).

I'd just like to know how noisy they are. I had a pair from Indy4x, they were very noisy and broke after just a couple trips. How are these ones ?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I know he was fiddling with a different design, not sure what he settled on. I ordered a set for the front for my 95.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MCASMS said:
Hi, I'm interested in a pair of the disconnects. How long are they? I'm actually gonna use them on my Jeep.

Thanks, Scott
951-966-7835
They can be as long as you want them to be. For a Jeep, I'll need you to see how big of a bolt goes through the swaybar so I can order the right heim joints. I will call you sometime tomorrow.

holger said:
I want them for my front suspension (I removed the links from the rear long ago).

I'd just like to know how noisy they are. I had a pair from Indy4x, they were very noisy and broke after just a couple trips. How are these ones ?
I started to develop a lot of play in the quick disconnect in the original design, so I replaced it with a heim and a bolt with a hole for a cotter pin. This design is working well and is noiseless as far as I can tell (bad ball joint). I will take some pictures of it tomorrow.

BigSwede said:
I know he was fiddling with a different design, not sure what he settled on. I ordered a set for the front for my 95.
Still waiting on them to send me the right heims. Hope they're here tomorrow, sorry I couldn't make it by this weekend. I will let you know when I get them sent out.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Hatfield said:
I started to develop a lot of play in the quick disconnect in the original design, so I replaced it with a heim and a bolt with a hole for a cotter pin. This design is working well and is noiseless as far as I can tell (bad ball joint). I will take some pictures of it tomorrow.
Cool, thanks. I'll check the pictures. Please send me the arrangement details to my PM.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is a picture of the new disconnects. Price might be bumped up to 70, because the bolts on the bottom are pretty pricy. I will do some number crunching and find out for sure.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
When you are ready, please send me a PM how you want to arrange the transaction.

Also, can you make it 1 or 2" longer than stock ?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts