Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, put some really expensive shocks, on this thing. And the ride was really good for a couple of weeks. Now im back to bouncing all over the road. And feeling like I cant control the truck. What's the D(*MN deal? Was wondering if the tires might be over inflated, or if I need some new ones. THis is KILLING me.....STRESS is not my best friend, And to be honest I have enough in my professional life.
Help a brother out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The mono max is a pretty heavy truck shock... Great for controlling weight -- what tires/wheels are you working with (I'd think that the MonoMax would be too much shock for most of the Trooper setups I've seen - you runnin 35s?)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My truck has over 200,000 miles and is a rodeo so it has leaf springs but it does the same. I just put new shocks on since the old ones had over 100,000 miles on them. After 1 1/2 hours and $150 bucks the truck still bounces like crazy. I talked with a mechanic and he said it is common for the isuzu. I hate the way it rides and have considered selling it. Sorry to say but I dont think there is a fix for your problem. This is the worst riding IFS I have ever had. If anyone has a suggestion please help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
did you mean do an add a leaf. That will tighten up the suspension but what will a shackle lift do? Will tightening and raising the torsion bars give you that firmer feeling. If thats what you mean than the trooper could also have a cheap lift like those spacers and raise the front as well. Anyways, thank you!

·
Registered
44 Posts
i had similar problems on my 99 trooper. i put a calmini 2" lift, including
heavier rate springs and torsion bars, and it made a world of difference along with rancho 5000's. it handles much better on and off road just like they claim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.