Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I opened up my sunroof like I always do and when I went to close it it wouldn't close. When I hit the button it makes a clicking sound and the interior lights flicker and the headlights dim. After playing with it when I got home you could smell something heating up if I held the button for a certain period of time. Any ideas of where to start would be appreciated, the motor seems to be working.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
There wouldnt be anything caught up in the track would there?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have already checked and I don't see anything. I just pulled off the cover in the head liner to where I can see the motor. The clicking seems to be to the left of the motor, kind of above my driver side visor.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started to take down the headliner and there is about a 4 inch long black box/ module that was sitting above the driver side visor. It has a few different connectors going into it and this is where the clicking noise is coming from. Could this be what went bad? With the motor out it does not turn when I hit the switch, so I know that the track is not stuck because the motor is not getting power anyway. Please help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts