Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may get some subs and an amp for $100. not sure yet. i wouldn't feel comfortable just leaving the in the back. at the very least, temporarily, i would put some junk back there, may it less appealing. can i remove the subs and put them back in when i go to drive? (same theory as detachable h/u)

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Just get a cargo cover.

If you really want to take the sub with you each time, you can. The sub itself will only have two speaker wires going to it.
You can probably make a quick disconnect with some kind of wire adapter/connectors.

If you want get a powered sub, it has a built in amp, so nothing gets left behind.
The one I installed had its own harness that was quick to disconnect when needed.

I think it will get old if you take the sub out each time. I barely have the effort to take my faceplate with me everywhere, let alone a big speaker box.

·
Registered
645 Posts
get some dark tint if its legal in your state, i know my state you can have limo tint from the driver / passenger windows back, that way people cant see in.

also if you want to take it out each time it will turn into a hassle but like the above user said,

the wires you can quick disconnect and connect would be a good idea, that way you wont have to unscrew the wires from the amp each time.

really its your call and what you want to do.

·
Registered
336 Posts
dilbuina said:
San Diego Zoo vs Wild Animal park? Which is better for a young couple to go to? My boyfriend and I are planning to go to San Diego next month & we're having a hard time deciding which attraction to go to.... San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal Park? Which attraction would be more suitable & fun for a young couple? Also, which attraction has stores, restuarants, bars, & etc. near by so we can do other things while in San Diego? thanks!
Are you kidding me?!?!

·
Registered
645 Posts
dilbuina said:
San Diego Zoo vs Wild Animal park? Which is better for a young couple to go to? My boyfriend and I are planning to go to San Diego next month & we're having a hard time deciding which attraction to go to.... San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal Park? Which attraction would be more suitable & fun for a young couple? Also, which attraction has stores, restuarants, bars, & etc. near by so we can do other things while in San Diego? thanks!
this is a form related to Isuzu vehicles. Maybe you should try a nature or animal attraction form. you dont ask people on a car form what zoo's to go to.. :salute:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
jaydubya2003 said:
Are you kidding me?!?!
twilson said:
this is a form related to Isuzu vehicles. Maybe you should try a nature or animal attraction form. you dont ask people on a car form what zoo's to go to.. :salute:
LOL, you guys have never seen a spam bot before?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Enemigo said:
jaydubya2003 said:
Are you kidding me?!?!
twilson said:
LOL, you guys have never seen a spam bot before?
Seen plenty...just makes me laugh every time.

·
Banned
198 Posts
dryvr12 said:
I may get some subs and an amp for $100. not sure yet. i wouldn't feel comfortable just leaving the in the back. at the very least, temporarily, i would put some junk back there, may it less appealing. can i remove the subs and put them back in when i go to drive? (same theory as detachable h/u)
Ever seen a underseat sub before?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Sohc said:
dryvr12 said:
Ever seen a underseat sub before?

not bad for a little bump like mine well

·
Registered
18 Posts
You could also put a dummy cover over it. You could cut out the bottom of a plastic toolbox or one of those rubbermaid storage boxes.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
If you want to get out the saw there is room under the rear seat to cut a panel out and build a small box under the seat. You can then mount the speakers flush with the floor.

-Tad

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gradym83 said:
You could also put a dummy cover over it. You could cut out the bottom of a plastic toolbox or one of those rubbermaid storage boxes.
i LOVE that!!! thank you!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Dae said:
I barely have the effort to take my faceplate with me everywhere, let alone a big speaker box.
Dude just stash it under your seat, the fact it's detached is enough, they'll figure you took it with you. For me the greater risk would be carrying it around and losing it or dropping it in a urinal if I was at a bar drinking, or dropping it in a vat of sulphuric acid if I was near one. I am such a klutz. I guess it depends on your neighborhood, if the thieves rule the hood maybe they would take their time and look that hard.
I'm with you on the box, can you imagine going to like the movies and lugging it in with you? Shopping malls? "Well you see I don't mind the trouble, I really like bass!". :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I took out all my ash trays to be replaced the cupholders. When I take my faceplate out, i shove it behind the center console. You can also open the console and put it under the removable tray.

Oh, and im picking up 2 jl audio w3 12" subs, a 1000wx2 amp, and a box (forget brand) that is 200 alone. Talked him down from 200, to 130.

·
Registered
126 Posts
have you bought that box yet?

I only ask because it really is the enclosure that makes or breaks a subwoofer system. Most pre-made enclosures just arent that great unfortunately :?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah its a mtx audio ported box. havent hooked it up yet thought. and that rubbermaid container idea wont work, the box is 19 in long x 16in tall x more than 2 feet wide

·
Registered
627 Posts
mrd6 said:
have you bought that box yet?

I only ask because it really is the enclosure that makes or breaks a subwoofer system. Most pre-made enclosures just arent that great unfortunately :?
I couldn't agree more

I made my own*** and bent and painted the grilles too, but then I have a table saw in my living room and most people don't. Sometimes I envy them. I'd advise he at least checks that the box he's getting is within the mfr recommended size and type, then get a tube of liquid nails or better yet (since liquid nails is now weaker than the old days) some PL construction adhesive, and after cleaning any loose dirt or sawdust inside lay a bead of that adhesive on all the joints and lines inside- with some kind of glove on follow the bead with your finger to force it in any cracks. It'll help.

Can I say one thing that is never said enough, SECURE YER BOX WELL because in a collision it becomes a deadly projectile. The forward cargo hooks (in the rodeo) work perfectly, better yet bolts right through the floor into T nuts in the box would be better (and I my do this to mine now that I'm thinking of it)
Some years ago a Washington Redskins player was killed when the SUV he was riding in the back seat of rolled over, all were belted in and the other players had minor injuries. The single sub in a box in the rear flew forward as it rolled and broke his neck.

***some construction details of that box: it's 2 x 15 sealed, about 4.15 cu ft. 3/4" Oak plywood as MDF is too heavy and I am in a humid climate, wanted durability. The front side is the exact angle of the seat. The box was assembled with PL and duracoat drywall screws, the screws coated with PL into predrilled and countersunk holes. Inside there is 1" Stainless extrusion (bolted with machine screws and nuts) on the soundboard from top to bottom, with a corresponding piece on the back wall, with another piece bolted and loctited between (F-R) to firmly brace the surface the subs mount to. (they're mounted metal to metal on T nuts of course) The inside then covered with dynamat to help deaden it to the level of MDF, sealed with RTV, then sprayed with about 10 coats of undercoating. Have about 3 lbs of fiberfill. The outside was coated with a thin layer of fiberglass matting and epoxy resin, lightly sanded then covered with 1/4" foam and thick vinyl with 3M 92 adhesive between each. Because of the 'glass and resin I wanted to keep the staples for the vinyl to a minimum so the ends were capped with 6061 Al sheet, with countersunk SS screws to hold it all down and Al handles are mounted to T nuts on each end. Grills made from perforated 16 gauge steel mount to embedded 1/4" x 20 inserts, SS machine screws with a 1 1/4" al tube spacer so they tighten to metal, not the vinyl. Quick disconnect via 4 cond. trailer plug.
Subs are DEI competition prototypes I got from them when I was sponsored as an IASCA competitor. Sound great but nothing special nowadays, in the world of FI's and DD's with 30lb motors- but they want 1kw minimum to play hard, I'm done with 2 alternator/3-4 battery setups. With just 120 a/d/s watts per sub(i.e; it's more but they never bragged) they are as loud as you can stand and the voltmeter sags as much as you'd want even with the A/C and lights off. Oh and in case anyone wonders, the interior color of the 95 Rodeo in this shade is MUSHROOM. WTF? Go find that in vinyl.

So now you know or you're happily asleep. BTW the hearse in my avatar had one I made with a full jacket of silica sand. Called it the dead box.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.