Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my fiancee just got a 2001 Rodeo S model. the car didnt come with a remote so i didnt think it had keyless entry. The car was optioned with both PEP1 and PEP2 so it has powerlocks and windows.

While looking through the forum someone mentioned that if you could put the key in the door and turn it twice and it unlocks all 4 doors, that you should have keyless entry installed on the car, does this sound right?

i do NOT have the little alarm bulb in the dash or anything that would tell me that it would be installed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
As for my experience with car electronis, it does not mean that when you turn the key and unlock the driver side door and all other locks pop-out that you have a keyless entry. You can only have a factory installed lock mechanism which is called CENTRAL LOCK.

Also it does not mean that when you dont have a blinking light or anything that looks like an alarm that you do not have a keyless entry.

Keyless entry can stand alone by itself without the alarm. Call the previous owner and check with them if they do have the alarm or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.