Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The trooper is making a strange noise only on right hand turns.
It almost sounds like a sticking caliper. Anyone have an idea on this one.
Bad wheel bearings?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
I have the same prob. I don't know what it is. I've taken everything apart and regreased the bearings. Didn't seem to help at all.

Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
langforg said:
I have the same prob. I don't know what it is. I've taken everything apart and regreased the bearings. Didn't seem to help at all.

Brad
!!! same situation (99 trooper)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,649 Posts
A bad CV joint will make noise while turning in in one direction but not the other. Take a look at your boots. If they are cracked and the grease leaked out that is a strong possibility.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Hack said:
A bad CV joint will make noise while turning in in one direction but not the other. Take a look at your boots. If they are cracked and the grease leaked out that is a strong possibility.
This is only in 4 wheel drive if I am not mistaken. My sound is constant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
langforg said:
Hack said:
A bad CV joint will make noise while turning in in one direction but not the other. Take a look at your boots. If they are cracked and the grease leaked out that is a strong possibility.
This is only in 4 wheel drive if I am not mistaken. My sound is constant.
is your sound only in 4wd? or does it make noise in 4wd and 2wd?

manual or auto hubs? (are the hubs off when you're in 2wd?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,649 Posts
The front axles can turn in 2 ways; from differential or from the wheels turning. On a truck in 4WD and the manuals disengaged the front axels will rotate when the drivesaft turns although no force will be applied to the front wheels. (This is sometimes used to get 2WD Low.) If I am not mistaken, the front axles on a late model Trooper with TOD like Krill's '99 turn whenever the truck moves due to the rotation of the wheels, unless they have changed over to manual hubs. The same thing would happen on the older Troopers if the manuals were left locked or the autohubs did not disengage.

You could turn each front wheel with the truck jacked up to find out if the wheels are actually disengaged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Kirill said:
langforg said:
noise is constant 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, hubs locked or unlocked
for me - 2 H drive, not TOD (Shift by the fly system), on right turns only
how i resolve the problem:
-replace front brake pads;
-replace power steering fluid

:)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top