Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Man I was just wondering about you! I should be back in your area in February to March, currently locked down in England and they cancelled my already paid for tickets. Just another challenge.
I did see a writeup on someone quite some time ago that did install the Dodge van seats and worked like a charm. I had several of these vans during the kid raising years and spent many a mile in them. Never had a problem. Keep in mind that it is relatively easy to find a replacement cover for those seats, as long as it isn't broken down, it can be fixed, recovered. Usually a simple adaption is all it takes.
I agree with the new engine, while I have several I can rebuild, I think I would just have it done anymore. And have a warranty is a good thing. My V6 I rebuilt had 2500 in just parts! My SpaceCab is sitting in the Boise area waiting for my return. I ended up putting the header on it and it is running good. I plan on coming by when I get back. I like how the Car is waiting on the Trooper, not the other way around!
There is an Isuzu meet coming up in Green River Utah, instead of Moab this year. May 9 thru the 15th. I am planning of going there. Several VX's Land Cruisers, Rodeos and a Jeep or 2. It will be fun.
Good to hear from you
Dick

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I am liking the progress! Can't wait to see it in person. Have you considered putting in the access for the fuel pump while things are stripped down? It is a wonderful thing to have when needed.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I think thrust washers, may of been the reason for the knock we heard. Didn't know that was even possible! Myself I have never been in the bottom end of the 4 cylinder. Interesting.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
This may cause your core to be rejected from your builder if there is indeed block damage. Might have to pickup another core from a junkyard.
Never ends sometimes!
Dick

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I would think the gasket kit would of had that O ring, may have to call Jerry and see if he can help out. As far as the head goes, as the 2.6 progressed they did away with that design of the air pump. With the newer cats you didn't need them. Where you have to pass smog, it may be an issue. If they do a physical inspection it would not pass. If it is only a tailpipe inspection I think it will, maybe put a new cat on it too.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
The first one is an oil seal, probably front or rear crank, maybe front cam. Your engine builder already put those in. The last one was an exhaust for I think a Honda. I have thrown several of those away

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
On the valve cover, I used RTV in the rubber plug and just a dab on the front in the corners where it goes over the cam seal. On the oil pan my kit didn't have a gasket. Used a RTV instead, never leaked.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Oh man, that is funny. At least it didn't keep you up all night! Or did it?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I had missed this, glad it worked out. I have twisted a few off myself, last one was the bolt holding the vibration dampener on. It's still there, the engine isn't. Yes the one in the crank.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Looking at the pictures, I am concerned about the lugnuts you show. They are not the right kind for your wheels, where is the taper? The only reason this jumps out at me is I took some wheels off a Mitsubishi and it took those kind of lugnuts, stock trooper nuts were not right.
I have never done the big brake either but have looked at it some time ago, I may even of obtained the parts but never installed. I would have to agree with the others. I would go ahead and get the backing plates from the Rodeo and then order calipers and rotors and brakes new.
Wheel bearings, I would just clean and inspect and then repack. If one shows some damage then of course replace. Look at the rubber brake lines too, replace if cracked.
Keep up on the great work and documentation, sure enjoyed visiting with you.
Dick

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Good to see the update, nice work! I haven't started on my front locker, dang weather never stays warm enough to get me out there!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I would have to agree, I have reused those bolts numerous times, never an issue. I actually didn't know the FSM called for a replacement of the bolts.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Wow! Great progress. As clean as this rig is I am surprised to see your helper with dirty arms!
Congratulations on the engine install.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I have been wondering how this is going? Need to know! I finished up my Trooper yesterday and got the front end aligned. I didn't get the front locker installed, messed up a knee and have been dealing with that. I will get to the locker another time.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Wow! Many changes since I last checked. Are you sure you will off road that beautiful Trooper?
I had a great time in Green River UT and then to Montrose CO. Put almost 2000 miles on mine in a
Little over a week. Make sure you readjust your valves and retorque the head after your breakin.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
It has been great watching your build, even better was getting to know you personally! I hope this truck performs for years to come!
Did I mention I bought a 2000 Trooper?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Good to see you are still around! Been awhile. I am currently at my daughters in England. Making sure to miss out on that snow. Leaving for northern Scotland at the end of the week. I got my 2000 all done and put 3000 miles during breakin, covered 5 states. Going to Moab the 1st of April. Ya know Troopers in fact like to beat thru snow!
Dick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts