Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16028429

This is about 2-3 miles up the mountain side from me. You need to understand the background, around here the status symbol more then anything else is how high your house is on the mountain. They keep building these rather large, expensive homes higher and higher up the mountainside, then put a golf course up there to, hey why not. It is all pretty ridiculous to me.

Then the idiots complain when a moose eats their shrubberies, and spoils the greens on their golf course. :roll: So DWR has to come in and move the animal 80 miles away. There was a similar story in Utah county a few weeks ago, only difference was this was an adolescent black bear. Or when cougars eat their pets, yea that happens too.

Another one is when they build right under a cliff, and they have to move all the rather large boulders from the building site first. Then a few years later they act all shocked and surprised when a 10 ton boulder succumbs to gravity and takes out their garage or living room. Umm... helloooo, where did you think all those boulders you had to move came from :roll: . I can recall these stories at least 3 times in the past 5 years around here.

Call me a tree hugger (I have hugged a few) but I think aside from the occasional small cabin, or summer home in a resort area, people should stick to living in the valleys, and leave the rest for the wildlife and recreation. They where here first after all. And trust me, there is still plenty of room in this valley to grow.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
i would agree with your point of view.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
TREEHUGGER!!!

:D

The idiots are taking over!!!!

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
285 Posts
I can relate. Down here we had a bunch of people build on beach front property a while back. Guess what happened, their front yard started disappearing. Long story short they were able to sue the federal government because they placed jetties out into the harbor to make it easier for ships to come into the Charleston port authority.

Now the Army Corps of Engineers has to go out there and build seawalls and dump sand for these idiots. Its the same everywhere really. Out of town yuppies move in, build tacky neighborhood with golf course, throw a gate around (because God knows they don't want anything to do with the locals) and expect all the locals to provide the "charm" that was advertised.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I sense a trend here.....everybody refers to beachs and mountains.....hmmmm.

Just move to Oklahoma! We have neither of those!

But yeah, we have uptight "better than the rest" pricks here too!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't care where they build there homes, but to whine about stuff happening to your home, that you knew could happen is ridiculous when you choose to build there.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
We have "mountain folks". There are two mountains in chattanooga, the New Money Mountain, and the Old Money Mountain. The guys that started Coca Cola bottling lived on Old Money Mountain and the houses up there are incredible! They were all built back when people had summer mansions and winter mansions and they would travel between the two. Thats why we have the Historic Incline Railway, so they could get up and down the mountain way back when.

I'm glad people are building those crazy big houses cause otherwise, I'd be without a job! My new place has been doing some crazy big houses on a land preserve where of the 400 acres, only 100 can be developed so the remaining 300 has been protected. I think the 100 acres are only like 40 lots, so its no wonder they are $200-300k lots! We just designed a 1400 sf garage apartment that will come in over 300k before they start building the main house. I want to know where these folks are getting this money because I am clearly in the wrong profession...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
my gram always said "send everyone to the moon and let the animals have the earth back"

·
Registered
751 Posts
We had something similar around here. Just outside Lake Geneva, Wi there is the Geneva National golf course and private residence. There are a bunch of duplex's...sorry, "Condos"....surrounding one section of the course. These stupid putz's moved in, knowing full well they could see the golf course behind their places (cause only the stupidest ******* could possibly miss it), and then they started complaining that they could see the golf course resulting in the Geneva National management building berms behind the places. Well guess what? The berms caused nasty flooding in every basement and had to be taken back out. Stupid bastards

I can't understand the appeal of a condo anyway. Pay for half a house, and still have to deal with potentially bad neighbors who get ornery over something so little as nailing a picture to a wall. Pass.

If I had the money I'd buy an acre of land, build a garage suitable for holding anything with a studio over the top, and the rest of the property would be for keeping all the vehicles I want or am using for parts and still have plenty of room leftover to have a parking lot, and an awesome campground for friends and family to enjoy.

1 acre in square formation is 208FTx208FT. If you can't pack a decent life into that kinda space, then I honestly pity your life.

·
Registered
749 Posts
sammynomas said:
I sense a trend here.....everybody refers to beachs and mountains.....hmmmm.

Just move to Oklahoma! We have neither of those!

But yeah, we have uptight "better than the rest" pricks here too!
No deal. :tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts