Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up im new to the site and just got a few ??? Just got a 95 troop with lol 180 000 miles wearing 235 85 16 on stock wheelies. has electric fan mod and some lights on the quarter pannel which were welded on for some dumb reason (bolts and wrenches are hard to figure out i guess lol) but im trying to figure out if it has lif springs in the back torsion bars are cranked to the max and they look like there qite new. ball joints are on the top of the upper controol arm . in the back theres newei looking springs and all the link bars look about as old as the springs and tortion bars . the springs also have this rubber boot looking thing that wraps around the coil almost like a spacer of sorts . but there is no stickers or brand names that i could use to identify any aftermarket parts . but for a referance frome the ground to the bottom of the fender fllares avreges about 34'' 3/4 i know ome makes a 1.25 spring or 1.5 and theres about 5 to 6 inches between the top of the tier and the bottom of the flare any help would be apretiated and ill try to get some pics on as soon as possible to give you a better idea but the girlfreind is out of town with the camera :(

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Pics of girlfriend?

LOL seriously the torsion bars can be reindexed so just because the bolts are used up does not mean they are necessarily cranked all the way. They may be and having the ball joints re positioned would make you think they were trying to use a lot of lift.

On the rear that sounds like a spacer. The factory just used a small piece of rubber there where the spacers have an indention like an actual seat.

That's odd on the fan - they took the stock one off? Maybe they also did a body lift?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vanduker said:
Pics of girlfriend?

LOL seriously the torsion bars can be reindexed so just because the bolts are used up does not mean they are necessarily cranked all the way. They may be and having the ball joints re positioned would make you think they were trying to use a lot of lift.

On the rear that sounds like a spacer. The factory just used a small piece of rubber there where the spacers have an indention like an actual seat.

That's odd on the fan - they took the stock one off? Maybe they also did a body lift?
yeah they disconnected the ac too (removed belt) maby to save a horse or too it definatly lacks mid range but i was guesing they swaped the fan so they could shut it down in deep water so they wouldn't soak the motors electrical (coils and fuses and what not ) it was definatly used off road b4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts