Both are from 88 Troopers.

Steelies and I believe aluminium.

Does anyone know rim width for these?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Both the Steelie and the LS mag wheels are 15" x 6" wide.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beauty thanks Ed.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Getsducks said:
Beauty thanks Ed.
You Betcha!

BTW the aluminum "Snowflake" Trooper wheels are sized 15x7 and the 16" ones found on Passports, Rodeos, etc are 16x7.5......ed

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I believe the 15" aluminum wheels that came on the 4wd pickup (88-9?) were 6.5" wide. Can verify if needed.

Mike

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
gruff54 said:
I believe the 15" aluminum wheels that came on the 4wd pickup (88-9?) were 6.5" wide. Can verify if needed.

Mike
Really? I didn't think any of the 15" snowflakes were anything but 7" wide. Will have to check into that!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Ed Mc. said:
gruff54 said:

Mike
Really? I didn't think any of the 15" snowflakes were anything but 7" wide. Will have to check into that!
My son pulled the ones off his truck and replaced them with 15" snowflakes. Pretty sure I saw 15 x 6.5 stamped on the rim. I'll try to remember to check this weekend.

Mike

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
The only other 6.5" wheels I found were some 15x6.5 Steelies on '98-'99 Amigos.

Found some years of Rodeos and Amigos using a 6" wide aluminum wheel, but different styles, not Snowflake.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This from the option codes plate..

Steelies - 9KF -FRT&RR P235/75R15 105Q6JJX15

Aluminum 6 spokers - 74B -FRT&RR P235/75R-15 AL 6JJX15

And then there's these from an 87 - 33B -FRT&RR P235/75R-15 AL 6JJX15 . Would I be guessing right that these are aluminum? Lemme see if I can get a picture

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The wheel in Getsducks pic looks like the wheels that came on the 4wd pickups, never seen one on a Trooper. They are a 6 spoke design, like the Trooper LS wheels but they have a dish to them, not flat like the Trooper LS wheels. I'll get a better pic this weekend. Didn't mean to open up a can of worms. :shock:

Mike

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I've attached a couple of pics of Troopers with these wheels. I saw an auction on ebay for one of those wheels and the seller claimed they fit early Troopers '86 thru '89. The certainly will bolt up!

No doubt a lot of ZuZu wheels have been swapped between different rigs over the years, I've done plenty of that myself. :mrgreen:

Snowflakes and 31" tires from my old '89 RS made it onto my '90 3.4 LS; I took the 6" 6-spoke 15x6 LS wheels off the '90 and they're still sitting in the garage! I figured I might need an extra set someday!!

Had an '89 Spacecab that came with 15" snowflakes and 31's; I paid something like $750 for the truck and sold the wheels and tires for $500 (they were really nice). Bought an '88 parts Trooper and the 15x6" LS wheels & tires went to the Spacecab!

Not to mention Nissans, I have a nice set of 15x7 Colorado mags on my '98 Frontier, and did you know those will fit on a Gen I Trooper, as well? I've seen a Trooper with those mags in an ad somewhere, as I recall. They have a 100.3mm center hole.

Lots of possibilities! I reckon the old vehicle brochures were probably as accurate as you could get in figuring out what optional wheels went with what rig. Of course it might help if we were better at translating the option codes!! :twisted:

Cheers..........ed

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
gruff54 said:
Well, I was wrong. The aluminum pickup wheels are 7" wide. :oops:

Mike
These are not pickup wheels. As far as I hace seen they came only on Troopers

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Dunno. The only ones I've seen in person have been on pickups. I have seen a few pics of them on Troopers, here on the Planet I think, where the owners have stated they were pickup wheels. They are similar to each other, both 6 spoke. The Trooper LS wheel's spokes are flat, where the pickup wheel's spokes are "dished". That's the best way I can describe them.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
gruff54 said:
Dunno. The only ones I've seen in person have been on pickups. I have seen a few pics of them on Troopers, here on the Planet I think, where the owners have stated they were pickup wheels. They are similar to each other, both 6 spoke. The Trooper LS wheel's spokes are flat, where the pickup wheel's spokes are "dished". That's the best way I can describe them.

Mike
It's a year difference. I believe the ones you call pickup wheels are 87. 88 and up are the others.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
mudoilngears said:
It's a year difference. I believe the ones you call pickup wheels are 87. 88 and up are the others.
That would make sense. Does any body know if they came on 88+ pickups? Just thought of something, I'll check the option codes on my son's pickup. They were what was on it when he got it.

Mike

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let me know what you think but I'm guessing I can get away with GENERAL GRABBER A/TX - SIZE: 30X9.5R15LT even though recommended rim is 6.5"-8.5" ??

Seems a lot of guy's here are running 31's with no problems.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
* Sorry, meant to say rim width

1 - 20 of 21 Posts