Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is like the third time i've put up a thread about this problem and everytime the advice has helped..... but the problem just is less noticable and happens at less inconvenient times..... so my truck was doing it really bad to start with..... it would lerch a couple times and die..... i replaced the fuel filter and now its much much better...... however i like to burn gas really quickly and when i put my foot in it really hard it lerches.... not big lerches that leaves new passangers with whip lash..... its just enough to let them know that maybe it would be safer to ride with someone that has a new car next time...... i think it might be my fuel pump is starting to go out..... or it could just be a dirty carb..... i've bought one of those fuel pressur gages that could 20 bucks at the parts store i just need to install it...... no big..... i guess that will give me a clue as to what the problem is..... its got 131,000 miles and from what i've replaced on the truck i'm willing to put 100 bucks down that its the stock pump. so any advice is helpful...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i replaced the wires about 2 years ago and about 6months ago i dropped in some NGK Iridium IX.......and the distrib. cap and point was replaced same time as the wires..... i know that my ignition system is pretty solid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.