Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Just checking in to let everyone know tha still have the ol trooper and shes still kickin. I had to replace the ps pump and the steering box because the box was leaking and the pump burned up about two months ago. We just had a big end of the semester wheeling camping run and I got to take it out again. Felt really good to get some rocks under her tires again.

The first of us to get on the trail hanging out up on top of three feathers watching a couple toyota truggies play around on the runs

Toyota giving a try at Joe's hill:

Different line.

After everyone else showed up we headed to Chiva pools. Kind of a tight squeeze coming in. (bottom left of pic)

There was plenty of water in the pools though! :)

The water was crystasl clear from the recent rains and perfect to cool off in. Nice way to spend a summer afternoon in AZ. 8)

After a little while of hanging out pools and a few more beers we headed to the cottonwoods to set up camp. Did this on the way out. Right on that big rock through the tight squeeze line :x (sorry about the cel pics)

Same side as the door dent too. :roll: It is a pretty tricky line....

Finally made it to the cottonwoods by dark! Where we set up camp and were free to party the rest of the night lol.

Then I got whacked in the nuts. :x Why does everyone pick on the guy with the isuzu?! lol. That or I was just being drunk and retarded.. :lol:

Either way it felt great to get out in the trooper again. :D This was probably the first time Ive wheeled it in four months and I was realy begining to miss it. Just thought Id share!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
School can be areal time sink, wife is full time remote student + work + mommy lol.

That looks like a great way to end the semester! That C pillar looks crunchy though.

Is that just a panel that pops on? I'm parting an 89 & could pull that & a window, not tinted though. PM me if you're interested.

~psguardian

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
cool,

was that the pool below Chiva falls?If so I went snorkling there when I was 13.....loved wheeling in AZ...back in like 1980 :roll: ...dang getting old

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Great way to get school out of your system. Do you still have the RS as well? Or did you find a home for it?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bansil its actually an area downstream a bit from chiva falls called chiva pools, or chiva ponds. You basically follow the wash that you cross on the way to the falls east (its usually dry but is sometimes running a little) until you get to a huge granite rock formation. Its changed so much since we had a torrential like 3 day or so downpour that flash flooded the whole chiva falls area. Lol I dont think Ive ever seen the pool below the falls deep enough to swim haha so you might have gone swimming here? Then again it may have been deeper back then lol. Theres actually another pool behind the granite wall in the back thats even deeper. The one we went swimming in was maybe like 15ft deepish. Heres a couple more pics of it that someone else took:. :)

Heading to the wash..

The second deeper pool is directly behind the granite formation on the far side of the pool we went swimming in. You cant really see it but you can dive off of a ledge into the back pool. Its kind of on the left edge of the tall rock center right.

Good of a place to park as any haha. (just in case anyone is wondering lol all the beer cans came back out with us)

Mark I did find a good home for the RS. I havent heard back from the guy but I know it went to someone who was going to take care of it. 8) How has red beans been doing? :)

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Vince, Red Beans has been doing great. Taking good care of me. She got a lot of work last fall. Check the second thread in my sig. Still a never ending project of course. Tomorrow morning we leave for our 3rd wheeling trip in 3 months with the Zoo gang. Next week check here for pics of the trip.
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic ... &start=125

Glad to see you out and abouts in the Troop!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.