Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed new door speakers in my '99 Rodeo. Everything was fine and then all of the sudden no sound from any of the speakers :evil: . I checked the two fuses (10 and 15 amp) in the dash and they are fine. The stereo and the cd changer seems to be working. Is there any other fuses I need to check?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of stereo you have in your truck, but I know that some stereos have in line fuses that run along the wiring harness. Usually they are enclosed in a black plastic case, or they are a tube style fuse. They are usually just a couple of inches out from the wiring harness.
I had this problem with an old Pioneer cd player. I touched the wrong wires together during installation(dummy me didn't disconnect the battery) and shot the fuse. I could get the radio to come on, but no sound. Once the fuse was replaced, everything worked fine.
Like I said earlier, without knowing what kind of stereo you have, I'm just suggesting something that happened to me. It may not be your case, but it's worth a try.
Also, check to make sure that you don't have any stray speaker wire shorting out the speaker. If the speaker wire is touching metal other than the speaker terminals, it will short them out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it must be a short in the left speaker harness. I took out the speaker and checked it and put it back in and it is all working now. :? [/img]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man, that's like a double edged sword.
On one hand, you're happy that it was a small problem.
On the other hand, it sucks that one simple short can take out the whole system.
At least you got it fixed! 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.