Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 Trooper 3.1TD with 2 -3 inches of play in the steering.
I have seen a couple of topics regarding adjustments.
I'm a new Trooper owner and have yet to get hold of a workshop manual, so I have no idea what type of steering is fitted (i.e. rack & pinion or Recirculating ball).
I can do the adjsutments, have all the tools, but jsut need the correct info to do the job.
There are few Isuzu dealers here in Spain & the OPEL dealer has NO clue to the sterring problem?
My Trooper is a British Spec (right hand drive) model, brought out to live with me in Spain....You need a Troop here, believe me!

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Micky

·
Registered
123 Posts
Howdy. Well, first off, buy a manual or get access to an on-line service like ALLDATA or Mitchell on Demand. Anyway, if this is non-pwr box there is probably a worm and sector shaft adjustment. But 2-3 inches is a lot. I would also check the condition of the drag link, tie rods and where your box and/or rack mounts. Have you noticed any thumps or cluds? Have you by chance replaced your steering wheel? Just some things to think about.

-Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.