Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently installed/made a body lift for my rodeo, its 3 1/4"(3" pipe with 1/8" flat washers welded on each side) and i can turn the steering wheel a 1/4 turn then it kinda binds then its ok for a 1/4 turn then binds a little etc..I purchased a steering extension and put that on and it helped out but it is still very noticable......Has anyone else had this problem? is it because of the extra 1/4", kinda hard to beleive that would do it :roll: but i dont know for sure...i was thinking about seeing if its possible to just drop the entire column 1/2-1" to resolve the angle issue or possible clearancing the "u-joint" on the steering column like some people do to reduce binding on driveline u-joints...any other ideas?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
you need to probabley loosen the column at the floor/firewall and under the dash this will help "unbind" things and allow the column to align it's self.

·
Registered
663 Posts
DAMUDKING said:
So i recently installed/made a body lift for my rodeo, its 3 1/4"(3" pipe with 1/8" flat washers welded on each side) and i can turn the steering wheel a 1/4 turn then it kinda binds then its ok for a 1/4 turn then binds a little etc..I purchased a steering extension and put that on and it helped out but it is still very noticable......Has anyone else had this problem? is it because of the extra 1/4", kinda hard to beleive that would do it :roll: but i dont know for sure...i was thinking about seeing if its possible to just drop the entire column 1/2-1" to resolve the angle issue or possible clearancing the "u-joint" on the steering column like some people do to reduce binding on driveline u-joints...any other ideas?
i just installed an indy4x 1 inch body lift today.no steering bind,no shifter problems,i will adding 2.5 inches suspension in a few weeks.i will be able to run 285/75/16 on my 95 trooper LS with no problems 8) neo

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i ended up having to drop the column to releave the binding issue

there was to much of an angle here.

so i lowered the column by doing this

does anyone see any harm in doing this? i took it for a test drive and it feels great!! no binding or odd feelings at all....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.