Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Monterey 3.2 v6 petrol 96 model LTD.

She has been stood for a few months and now the weather is fine have fitted new clutch , brake pads , and a new exhaust down pipe the one with the o2 sensor and flexible joint that leads to the CAT. Passed its MOT 2 days ago no problems Fantastic you may think ! BUT 30 mls on its developed a fault . Starts first time no problem idles ok, and revs freely for about 5 mins then starts to stutter then stalls will immediatley restart idle and rev freely but then 5mins later stutters and stalls this is a contstant loop - this also happens whilst being driven - reading posts on here suggest new fuel filter . since changed it.also changed Temp sender sensor on back of engine (not gauge sensor). am awaiting new o2 sensor in case its that as that had been exposed to the weather for a couple of months while truck was disasembled ready for clutch fitment.

Must add truck ran fine before clutch bearing calapsed

Any info would be greatly appretiated

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I can only draw on my limited experience and offer a few suggestions before the veterans chime in.

A few months storage probably not enough to foul the fuel, but it is possible I suppose.

I had a very similar problem in my 93 Trooper (would run for a few minutes and die; sit for an hour and start again, etc.). Turned out to be the wire connection to the fuel pump (top of fuel tank).

The clutch work you've done may only be coincidental to the problem startng..??? Let us know if you find out any more details.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Your symptoms also can be associated with debris in the tank causing or in addition to a clogged pickup screen on the fuel pump. Either way, I would start by looking at all things fuel delivery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just to let you guys know , I have managed to use £50 of new fuel since issue began limping around locally and changed a fuel filter. maybe if i fill her up she will run better and any silt etc. may sink back to the bottom of the tank ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts