Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think this is the right forum. now the problem with my 94 rodeo is that when i drive and come up to a stop sign. after i come to a complete stop and then give it gas and make a turn, it makes this akward squaking sound. i dont think i can describe it very thoroughly. its loud, and whe i accelerate is squeaks much like a break or something. that is my only thought, cos when i push the breaks this dosent happen, only whne im accelerating from a full or partial stop...and usully only whne i turn. any ideas...im off from work and school thurs so maybe i can take her to a mech. but id like to have an idea of what i could tell them to check out before i go. all help is apperciated, thanks - justin.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Have you replaced the rear bushings on the leaf springs with Poly bushings because if you didn't lube them very well that could cause your problem.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Check your CV joints on your front axel. If you have around 100k that
could be the cause. It would be more of a clunking squeek. It would be
more prevalent the tighter the turn. Also you would hear it even under
light accelaration.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
that is if you have 4WD :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
timrkopi
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:03 am Post subject:
that is if you have 4WD Smile
timrkopi
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:01 am Post subject:
Check your CV joints on your front axel. If you have around 100k that
could be the cause. It would be more of a clunking squeek. It would be
more prevalent the tighter the turn. Also you would hear it even under
light accelaration.
THATS IT. exactly what im talkin about. it has to be, thanks for all your responces. and yes i have 4WD. i think the word i was missing was clunking. thanks a bunch...CV joints huh? what do they do with them after 100k, cos i have around that now. do they usually need replaced, is the gonna set me back a bunch of money? any more info would begreat, and thanks again for all the help and info. - justin

·
Registered
214 Posts
THATS IT. exactly what im talkin about. it has to be, thanks for all your responces. and yes i have 4WD. i think the word i was missing was clunking. thanks a bunch...CV joints huh? what do they do with them after 100k, cos i have around that now. do they usually need replaced, is the gonna set me back a bunch of money? any more info would begreat, and thanks again for all the help and info. - justin
If they can be rebuilt the boots will cost about $45.00 each side. If you need new half-axles your are talking $100.00-150.00 each side for the parts. Labor will cost a few hundred dollars most likely.

You can do it yourself if you have the right tools but its a real pain. If the half-axles need to come out you have to take off the hubs and unbolt the front axle.

You might want to look at some manual hubs as well because on these trucks the cv's are alwars turning which causes them to wear out. With manual hubs the only turn when you have 4X4 locked in.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
If this is the problem, CV joints that is. At this point he is screwed.
Rebooting is only effective at the first sign of dryrot or cracking.
The 94 Passport I am buying has two bad boots that need replacing.
I fear I may be too late myself. There is very little lube and although no
noise there seems to be excessive play. It has 115k miles.

If your joints are making the noise you speak of you do not have much
time before something serious could happen.

·
Registered
558 Posts
kinda off subject but dont your rodeo guys have hubs that disengage the front end? I know my KB/LUV has original CV shafts whith 350,000miles. If you dont then i would look into converting to manual lockouts.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Most Isuzus do not have manual hubs.

Also I would like to add that if it is the CV joints the the clunking
squeeking noise would be consistent throughout the turn. It would be
perpetual throughout the turn. If it is just a quick noise then no more it
might be a suspension isuse or shakel as noted above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.