Votes: 1 9.1%
  • MAY 19-23

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WE'RE BEHIND THE POWER CURVE ON THIS ONE AND AFTER LOOKING AT THE RESERVATION SITE BOOKINGS, THESE ARE GOING TO BE THE LEAST BOOKED WEEKENDS FOR THE POLL.

I WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE THE POLL UP FOR 3 WEEKS... BUT IF WE CAN DECIDE IN 2 WEEKS IT GIVES US A LITTLE MORE ADVANTAGE. 8)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
After the fiasco last time with the host, I'd like to propose we rent the group camp. It's like $75 which we could split.
Doubt I'll have many people go along with me on this one but it's got showers, crappers but no power.
You'd need to bring a generator if ya want power or an inverter.
Just throwing it out there.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
lorenzo816 said:
After the fiasco last time with the host, I'd like to propose we rent the group camp. It's like $75 which we could split.
Doubt I'll have many people go along with me on this one but it's got showers, crappers but no power.
You'd need to bring a generator if ya want power or an inverter.
Just throwing it out there.
Thoughts?
I'm with you 100%. As nice as it is to have power at the campsites, it would be nice to not have to deal with the campsite gestapo.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
FYI, group camp would be just over $300 for 4/28-5/2.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, pretty much as usual for the last 15 years, I'm voting for our anniversary date :roll:

I like the idea of the group camp, but easier at Arrowhead with the electricity... pretty sure someone will be "policing" it also (group camp),

I'll check tomorrow with the rangers office if I get a chance and see if the same camp hosts are at Arrowhead and let them know how rude and childish they were. :p

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
After last fall, I will not be returning to Arrowhead if the same camp hosts are there. Everyone has a job to do, but those people are ridiculous. I will find somewhere else to stay.

As for which date, I have no issues with any of the dates proposed at this time.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TonkaToy said:
After last fall, I will not be returning to Arrowhead if the same camp hosts are there. Everyone has a job to do, but those people are ridiculous. I will find somewhere else to stay.
Very understandable from what I heard about the incident. :roll:

I did speak with the District Recreation Staff Officer who is in charge of the camp hosts and thoroughly explained to her how dissatisfied "we" were with the hosts sneaking up on folks and shining the mag lights and making false accusations to the PD. I also explained that in 15 years of camping at Arrowhead, we never had a problem with the camp hosts... except maybe that time I cut up a tree for fire wood one of the hosts had put out to block traffic at the 1st campsite. :alien: :lol:

Unfortunately, she did say that they were still there. :shock: She also mentioned that she had 2 other complaints and now I'll quote her email response... " Hi Mr. Van Beek - So I do want to let you know that the hosts at Arrowhead just started last October and that is probably why they seemed to be a little overly zealous. Usually the first couple of months while hosts are getting used to the rules and campers they are overly enthusiastic and then they usually mellow out after they get the hang of it. I will talk with them about your concerns though. "

I'll finish up after dinner. :wink:

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Keep us informed on when, Dawn and I are ....NEED a nice getaway :) ..... Looking forward to seeing y'alls faces again!!!!

We just need a date to figure out when to pack up and go!!!!!!!!

See ya
Ron and Dawn

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The chances of me coming are low, but can just anyone show up in case I want a buddy to drive across country with me?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Enemigo said:
The chances of me coming are low, but can just anyone show up in case I want a buddy to drive across country with me?
All are welcome - you just need to make sure you have a place to set up camp.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Gonna try my best to make it. Have a couple of updates on the trooper I'm trying to complete first. Work has been crazy busy for me so time has been limited. Whatever you decide for a site count me in.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Well, we need to make a decision and lockdown a date either way. I have no problem renting the group camp. I can also bring a generator that will power most everything we need rather quietly with power to share. The site is rated for up to 50 people, but only 10 vehicles? Is there room for me to roll in with a gooseneck trailer full of toys? I might give Eldorado Outpost a call about parking the rig there after unloading to save space at camp. I am looking forward to getting the Trooper on the trails finally. We just spent a few days going though it. Still think it needs a steering box to get rid of the play in the wheel, but it's ok once you get use to the floating feel. :lol:

If we are all on board for the group camp, then I will book it once we lock a date and folks can just pitch in to help with the cost.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I don't think they enforce the 10 vehicle rule listed on the reservation.gov site. My club has camped there in the past with a dozen trail rigs plus tow rigs and trailers.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If I get "permission" :roll: :mrgreen: to go, I'll pull Clifford up with the Zu on my trailer so we'll need to pull in tight if we add more haulers etc.
I'll pitch in for sure for the Group if this works out and has anyone Checked if its available those days??

EDIT: If it isn't available, I can ask the peeps who run the land across from the outpost and we can camp back towards the trees. If anyone needs a shower etc, just roll into arrowhead Cough cough I mean the lake to wash up. :wink:
There is also a private land camp spot with amenities I can inquire on that is off mullinix if we get in a pinch but let's try group camp first.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
At this time it appears that all three group camp sites are available. Does anyone have knowledge of which site is the best of the three? It looks like the first weekend is going to be a lock for the vote. Once it is official and we figure out which of the sites we want I will book it.

Then we can get on to more important topics like what we want to eat Friday night for a group dinner? :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts