Isuzu SUV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
We are still good to go and will be staying with Leland's crew in our 5th wheel and 1 popup tent. 1 Chevy 3500 and Greenie.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again! It's been a while...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Anyone going to be at Arrowhead on the 27th? We may need to have someone drop something off before we arrive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not planning to camp but I would LOVE to join you all for a day of wheeling on saturday or sunday of that weekend! Would that be possible? I honestly haven't done much heavy duty offroading, just dirt roads and the occasional muddy field. I LOVE driving on snow and the less traction I have usually the happier I am. I however have not done any kind of obstacles like big rocks or stuff like that and if you have a "less crazy day" I would LOVE to join you on that day!

·
Registered
483 Posts
You are welcome to join us. We do most of our wheeling Saturday. We usually leave after breakfast and wheel most of the day. You can do whatever you are comfortable w however if there is a more technical obstacle we are all willing to spot you and help you navigate the more difficult areas. A majority of us will be at the group camp so that would be a good place to show up Saturday morning. I would say no later than 9ish, so we can check your rig out and give you a honest evaluation of what we think it can handle and what to expect.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
maddietheblond said:
I look forward to finding out what it can do!
It's more of how far the driver is willing to push the limits. :lol:

Peter, JP, Dylan, Ron and Dawn, etc., etc.,... looks like old gatherings again minus a few good men. :(

After having spent the day at Jerry's yesterday, I've come to realize that my camper hasn't been opened since the fall 2019 gathering... hope I emptied the porta-potty after that one. :lol:

Chances of rain look slim.... https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Tr ... C0703:1:US

Mike, are we doing one big dinner at the group camp? Need us to bring anything? Is there enough room to park the Arrowhead rigs over there?

Ron... "I shouldn't have ate Mexican last night" :lol: I might need you to drive the truck while I video if you don't mind.

Getting close. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hey y'all!

I will have to back out of the spring trip do to unforeseen circumstances.

Hopefully I will be able to make it down for the fall trip. Thank you all for being willing to take me on with short notice.

Have fun and stay safe!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys!! New member from Gastonia here :D great to FINALLY have a chance to meet the real life Isuzu family!! Im planning on coming in my 89 Trooper 3 inch lift on 33x12.50r15. Think she'll be alright? Has a 12k winch as well! Have a decent amount of offroad experience @ 23yrs old.

If anybody can use Google Maps and copy the EXACT coordinates of where I enter the trails to find you guys would be much appreciated!! Trying to come Saturday and dont wanna drive there and spend half the day looking for my group hahaha

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I know we are getting close because I am starting to struggle to stay on task at the office. So many things to do to get ready! Taking an untested rig down is super exciting and scary at the same time. This will be the best built/worst idea I've ever run, and the first time I have wheeled a manual transmission truck since high school. :shock: Back then shifting gears still involved double clutching... :lol: Only a hand full of you have a clue what that means, but that's ok.

Of everything that has me rattled, my old car trailer has me the most flustered. It needs new tires, the inspection is expired, and I am not sure if even have the right license plate on it. I have been postponing putting any money into it because I have ordered a new trailer, but like everything it is behind schedule due to supply chain issues. So... I am stuck calling this old girl back into action again. I hope it makes it with the new trail pig onboard. It is not a light rig like Smitty's Heep.

Maddie, come on down! You are welcome to run the trails with us. My first trip to Uwharrie was in a bone stock Trooper with the same size AT tires. It did every trail except the bottom of Daniel (the most challenging trail out there) which I chose to skip.

Van, yes we can plan on having the group dinner Saturday night at group camp. We will have to figure out the parking situation. It may involve some Zu pooling or something to consolidate vehicles. If you guys want to throw a big salad together or something like that would be a great addition. I am bringing a large generator, and a full size gas grill, along with my regular camping gear. I'm traveling light this trip :lol: Dang... That reminds me I need to open up my camper to get my coffee maker out of it.

I dropped the Trooper off with my mechanic to have him recharge the A/C, and fix an exhaust leak that is annoying me since I don't have time to drag out the welder and do it myself. Hopefully I will have it back tomorrow or Monday night. I still need to get the CB installed, and pack it up.

How about a head count for Saturday night dinner?? Sound off if you want to join in! I plan to hit the butcher on Thursday morning before leaving town, but need to get my order in probably by Tuesday evening at the latest so he can get the steaks cut and packaged for me.

We do need to cover some camp rules for the newbies.
1. Be courteous to other campers. Keep your speed, and noise down.
2. There are often kids around so watch your language. It is easy to get excited and let something slip, but try to be mindful. We want to keep this family friendly and encourage the next generation of wheelers to come participate respectfully.
3. If you spot trash on the trails, take a minute to pick it up. We want these lands to stay open to us, and one of the simplest things we can do is be good caretakers of it. This also sets a good example for others to do the same. Monkey see, Monkey do!! 8)

Last thing to remember campers... Alcohol is prohibited in the Uwharrie National Forest. NO OPEN CONTAINERS!! Now, if you choose to drink apple juice from a travel mug, or grape juice from a Tervis that is up to you. Some folks like to drink coffee all day and evenings. Too each their own...

Let's go have some fun!! Can you tell I'm excited?? :drunken:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I forgot to ask! I am looking for a few things for the trail pig. If anyone has any of the following and can bring them to Uwharrie please PM me and we can figure out appropriate compensation.

235/85R16 MT or AT for use as a spare. 1/2 tread of better please.
16" black steel or snowflake wheel (anything would be an upgrade to the LS wheel currently on the back. Not the look I am going for.) :lol:
2nd gen Trooper trim where center cluster meets center console. I believe it may have an ash tray, but not sure. Mine is missing. Grey in color preferred, but I'm open to painting if need be.
2nd gen Trooper drivers kick panel for below dash. Grey in color preferred. Again, mine is missing, but my left foot keeps hitting the exposed wires and I am just waiting to snag one and screw something up...
2nd gen Trooper rear cargo area wheel well covers. Grey in color preferred. Both sides.
2nd gen Trooper headlight wiper blades (2)
2nd gen Trooper front wheel speed sensors. Some jackwagon before me cut the wiring to mine rendering them inoperable for some reason... :roll:

I am sure I am forgetting something, but that is all I can think of at the moment.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys, I don't know why I am posting this, but I will not be able to make it this spring, I've never been and I really wanted to come, none of you all know me, so I figured I would post this for the guys that offered me advice, and information.

Thanks MrDunge, Lorenzo816, and Van, for the advice and information about Uwharrie, and thanks Buster28 for help with my other issues in my other posts

I am moving from my place in NC to VA about 3hrs further away from Uwharrie. I work Mon-Thursday and I am spending my weekends going up there and getting things ready, and moving stuff. I am actually moving May 16th, and can't take the weekend to come down there. Maybe in the fall? Also, is there any dates being tossed around for fall?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Here are the coords for the group camp area per Google maps. See all of you there

35.451292636714506, -80.07161022725356

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Trooper_Ike, is this Isaac from the gashouse on the isuzu trader?
Feel free to fb msg me if ya got any questions. I can try to help ya out with info for sure.

Peter, good to hear you're gonna make it.

For any overflow camping, I have an idea.
If we get tight, you can still do drive ups to I think 19 and 21 and I think one more spot in Arrowhead if you show up early enough.
I think baden has drive up spots too.

Mike, I'll give you some coin for sure for Sat dinner. Thank you. Hope you got venmo. :mrgreen:
I'm gonna throw another pallet and some loose wood in the back of the mega to burn. Someone please have a working chainsaw.
I'm behind in my to-do's but gonna try to whip it into gear this week.
Got a fresh battery today. So step 1 is done. :drunken:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Mike, you can count me in on the group dinner and I'm pretty sure that you won't have a good head count until dinner time (as usual) . :lol:

Lorenzo, you know I'll have a chainsaw... but it might need a new chain and some gas by the time I'm done cutting my wood. :mrgreen:

87* on Thursday. :evil:

Does anyone know if they'll be any other groups out there this weekend?

If anyone wants to do a trail cleanup on one of the runs, you can get a free trail pass for that day from the camp host... unless they've changed it. :?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Lorenzo,

I will throw some wood in the truck also. I will bring a chainsaw.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Hey Mike! Still up to your cooking tricks, eh? Guess it's too late for me to throw out a menu suggestion, so count me and a buddy in for Sat night dinner. Thanks!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Van, that's a bummer. Hopefully you can make the fall run and you are still doing good. Be safe

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Van said:
I'm going to be a no-show... I'm checking to see if I can transfer my spot to anyone else that needs it. Will get back once I find out.
:(

61 - 80 of 116 Posts