Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Which week or weekend do you like the best for Spring Uwharrie 2022?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy campers! I hope everyone is healthy and doing well. I am not. Unfortunately as I type this I am fighting through Covid. The whole family has it. It sucks. The good news is I think we are on the tail end of this coughing, hacking, congested mess. Thankfully I got it the worst out of the whole house. The kids buzzed through with only minor symptoms. Laura got it a bit worse, but It knocked me on my butt for two days. I've been slowly getting better since. Enough about that...

Let's start planning a trip!! :D

As Mr Dungee said in another post, late April / early May has proved to be good timing in the past. We have to work around Easter (April 17th) and Mother's Day (May 8th). The fall trip went so well, at the end many of us discussed the idea of making a week of it this spring. SO... That being said I think there could be two different levels of buy in for this year. There will be the traditional option of Thurs-Sun like we have always done, OR some of us are Going Mon-Sun to have more time to camp, wheel, relax, fish, shoot or whatever we want. The place is practically empty during the weekdays. Obviously those who choose to stay the whole week will pitch in more for camp because the cost is going to be significant. I am going to run the numbers tonight, but I'm guessing we will be looking at $30 per rig for the weekenders and $75 per rig for the whole week. These numbers could change depending on interest.

The more interested in the whole week in theory should lower the weekly rate but that will also limit the number of weekender sites left in camp. I doubt it will be a problem as last time we had space left that didn't get filled which leads to another topic. This trip I am going to ask that if you speak up for a site in the group camp, that you pay in advance for your spot. We had some last minute cancelations and just plain no-shows last trip so we were only about 1/2 full. This was more than just camp space not utilized. It was also a lot of steaks, eggs, and assorted food purchased to feed those people that went unused. Thankfully a few members recognized this and very graciously pitched in extra money to help cover the loss.

Let me be clear. I am not, nor was not mad at anyone who had to cancel. Life happens. I have had to back out of a few trips over the years. I get it. We are good. I resolved myself years ago that by putting these trips and dinners together there are times that I will not break even on the cost and I am ok with that. I certainly prefer to not loose hundreds of dollars, but it is a risk I choose to take. I love my Isuzu family and many of us have become family. Heck, quite a few of you I like more than my family! :ROFLMAO:

Ok, enough of that. Let's get to the good stuff!!

I am posting three sets of options to gauge interest, and pick dates. You can choose two, so pick the two either weekends or weeks that you like the best. This poll will run through the end of the month, but may be edited as sites disappear. This is what is available at this time.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I voted and I'm down for a week trip. Also if you wanna wheel and camp not quite a week but more than Thurs to Sunday we can work that out too. This is gonna be awesome.

Reactions: superswire

·
Registered
655 Posts
Glad you guys are feeling better Mike. We all just got over passing around the crud here as well. I'll most likely throw down for whatever the most people can make it to as always and just come enjoy a few days, most likely on a weekend, but I have plenty of PTO to burn up as well.

Also, if were gonna divvy up chores...I'd like to volunteer for something I can do with bourbon flavored blood :LOL:

·
Registered
Bone stock 1989 Trooper S 2.8.
76 Posts
I voted, and am SOOOOO down for a week. When isn't really an issue. I'll have to work mornings, but that's fine. Let's get muddy!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
If its open invite I'd be down. I've been trying to get out to Uwharrie for a few months now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If its open invite I'd be down. I've been trying to get out to Uwharrie for a few months now.
Yes it's open to anyone who wants to come and is willing to chip in on the cost if they stay at the group camp or eat w us. Or If you wanna camp for free on the trail or at another site like arrowhead and pay for that which would cost more but be more private.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I have conflicts for each of those weekends 😂 yall pick one and I'll find a day or two to swing through.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have conflicts for each of those weekends 😂 yall pick one and I'll find a day or two to swing through.
Dang Paul, that sucks... I picked a wide spread for that reason, plus it is what was available at Group Site C. Hopefully you can at least slide out for a day or something.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great to see so much interest in this trip. Ok, people start voting on dates!! Pick the two sets of dates that work best for you. All three work for me so I am reserving my vote as not to sway answers.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Mike, I should be able to make it during the week or on a Sunday or something, I'll definitely be there for some amount of time, regardless of which weekend you guys decide. Can't wait!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very interested depending on the week/weekend chosen! Never had the Trooper offroad before and look forward to getting it dirty.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
I'm not making any promises-- hell, at the moment, not only do I not have a running Trooper or SLX, even the Impala is presently dead-- but I do intend to try to make it this time.

I don't advise anyone do any breath-holding.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not making any promises-- hell, at the moment, not only do I not have a running Trooper or SLX, even the Impala is presently dead-- but I do intend to try to make it this time.

Jeff, if you can pull it off it would be good to see you again. It's been a while. Hope you and Miss Kathy are doing well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Charlotte, just starting out with my 2nd gen and would love to join the posse.

If anyone else is near the Charlotte Area, would you be willing to go over my Trooper with me? This would be my first off road outing as a whole and with the Trooper.. would like a second pair of eyes that know what they're looking for in the case of anything that needs fixed or replaced before hitting the trail. I'll buy you Taco Bell or something.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I live in Charlotte, just starting out with my 2nd gen and would love to join the posse.

If anyone else is near the Charlotte Area, would you be willing to go over my Trooper with me? This would be my first off road outing as a whole and with the Trooper.. would like a second pair of eyes that know what they're looking for in the case of anything that needs fixed or replaced before hitting the trail. I'll buy you Taco Bell or something.
Lorenzo is over in Concord, I'm down on the other side of Lake Wylie in SC. Where abouts are you in the city?

·
Registered
655 Posts

So, you have 3 months to talk fisk and chelsea into road tripping with you !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lorenzo is over in Concord, I'm down on the other side of Lake Wylie in SC. Where abouts are you in the city?
I am in North Charlotte, about 10min directly South from Northlake Mall. By Sunset and Beatties Ford.

Hit me up if y'all ever get together for some projects!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts