Isuzu SUV Forum banner

What are your preferred dates for the 2019 Spring Uwharrie Run?

• 2nd weekend: April 11-14

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • 3rd weekend: April 18-21

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 4th weekend: April 25-28

Votes: 10 50.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it is time to start thinking about the Spring 2019 Uwharrie Run.

This poll will run for 5 weeks and close on February 9th.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Last weekend. Most will have other plans earlier in the month. Ok, I have other plans but I really would hate to miss it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
First, and foremost, We will miss you Joe D!

Gonna try and make it to this one.
Been several years since making the trip.
Going to try and get Paint Chip to make it too.

Will be watching to set the calendar date.
-Billy

Reactions: lowzone

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
ga trooper said:
First, and foremost, We will miss you Joe D!

Gonna try and make it to this one.
Been several years since making the trip.
Going to try and get Paint Chip to make it too.

Will be watching to set the calendar date.
-Billy
Well heck Billy, if you guys are gonna make it to Uwharrie, I'll try to be there too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
So can anyone explain for a total noob?

I live in/on the edge of the forrest but have never had a 4x4 until now. what campground should I book, and can a bone stock 90 trooper make it?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Feather said:
So can anyone explain for a total noob?

I live in/on the edge of the forrest but have never had a 4x4 until now. what campground should I book, and can a bone stock 90 trooper make it?
We stay at Arrowhead Campground. When the poll closes, I post the event page with all the info.

Your stock Trooper will be fine on the easy stuff. People will warn you about the harder trails such as Daniel.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Feather,
Awesome to hear of someone just getting into our addiction known as Isuzu's and off road stuff.

Yes, stock vehicle can "make it" and have an awesome time. Be warned, it makes for a lot of fun, and will most times cause excessive spending to outfit your truck.

Best thing to keep it fun is to realize that when you take any vehicle out of the garage, especially into the off road scene, it most likely will get scratched, or banged up. Just be mentally prepared for that part.

If I had to pick the things I could add to my vehicle to get started would be some manner of rocker protection and make sure you have good tow points accessible.

After that, some tires and traction adding stuff. (Lockers, gears etc.)

New guys are totally welcome, and actually make for tons of fun for us guys with all the added goodies to help you get up the trails.

I recall shaggy being a brand new guy several years back, and he flat got hooked!

Hope to see you there in Uwharrie come spring.

Also, if it rains, and the trails are muddy, it is a total different world up there. Trails that were easy the day before become nearly impossible.

-Billy

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm going to need tires anyway, stock is 31 so I'll probably stay the same. leaning towards the grabber atx or bfg km3.

has tow hooks front and a hitch in the back, if I have some money leftover from getting it running I'll throw on some steps/sliders and redo the suspension.

already has a few dents and scratches. besides they can be fixed if I ever want to sell.

I'll likely try to bring along a friend that's been doing it for years and has several amigos and rodeos to try to make me not suck.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
It's a blast seeing what a stock and near stock rig will do with some careful driving and spotting. We can stack some rocks to get you through almost any trail out there. I've seen 1st gen troopers with no more than 31s and rocker protection do almost everything with nary a scratch.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Paul does that mean you are actually gonna show long enough to get those seats lol.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
MrDunge said:
Paul does that mean you are actually gonna show long enough to get those seats lol.
Believe it! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
ga trooper said:
I recall shaggy being a brand new guy several years back, and he flat got hooked!
Hooked? I wouldn't necessarily say hooked, I'd just say that my trips to URE sparked a curiosity that led to a few additional trail rides, that led to a couple upgrades, that led to some additional trail rides that... well, OK. I got flat hooked. :mrgreen:

@ Feather - Paul is right, a good head, attitude and spotter can make a stock truck do wonders, I hope you're able to make it out and give it a whirl! :thumbup:

Shaggy

·
Registered
15 Posts
assuming I can get it running by then I should be there.

trying to get the exhaust apart now, everything is rusted together and I do not have a torch.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Feather said:
assuming I can get it running by then I should be there.

trying to get the exhaust apart now, everything is rusted together and I do not have a torch.
Sawsaw! Then replace the gaskets and hardware. Best place to get replacement nuts, bolts and washers is Tractor Supply. They charge by the pound.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ok are we gonna set the dates for sure.... looks like the last weekend in apr need to put in days at work. Cant wait.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hack said:
Sawsaw! Then replace the gaskets and hardware. Best place to get replacement nuts, bolts and washers is Tractor Supply. They charge by the pound.
even red hot still snapped a stud, got it drilled out waiting on the proper gasket to show up. I'm very familiar with tractor supply.

current status is waiting on a gasket then exhaust is going together then the tranny is going back in. after that comes dist cap, plugs, wires and whatever else it takes to run smooth. then tires maybe big tires and a small lift.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts